Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official S-Works Shiv Disc Owners Thread [melvody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That might be the best option!
I made a bodge with some zip ties and a saddle holder, which is not pretty, but works!
Quote Reply
Re: Official S-Works Shiv Disc Owners Thread [shammad10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all

New here and relativity new to tri!

I have a 2021 Shiv Sworks Disc I bought second hand. I love it. Very fast. Very comfortable.

I am running the standard Roval 64 wheels but put 28” GP5000 TLs tires on. It seems the rear tire is catching the underside of the rear wing. The clearance around the wheel looks a bit wider in front than about the wheel. It really only happens when I’m going uphill over a bump at speed. I think when I am out of the saddle I can avoid it.

Now it’s a medium bike and I’m not that tall 5ft 4in but have a comfortable fit. The seat post had to be dropped a bit and had to cut the wing. The wing is now sitting just under the seat.

My question is can I run 28s in the Shiv? My reading would suggest yes but what is everyone’s experience?

If I can run 28s is my wing too tall? Should I get another half inch cut off? The LBS thinks my weight coming down onto the seat after a bump may be causing the tyre to engage with the wing. I’m not that heavy mind you (150lbs) but maybe heavy enough.

Photo attached for reference. I don’t think it’s uploading to the post. I have uploaded it here https://ibb.co/RNvrFwy

Apologies for the essay and hope it makes sense!

TIA!
Last edited by: Jobe82: Feb 6, 22 22:24
Quote Reply
Re: Official S-Works Shiv Disc Owners Thread [Jobe82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is another Shiv Disc thread and I think there were other people that had the same question and not sure what they ended up doing, may be worth reading through.

I don't think trimming the tank will help any though as that's the top of the tank and the tire is at the bottom, unless I'm missing something? I don't think mine has any play up and down when it's being tightened down.

I run Michelin Pro 4 Endurance 25s and have a ton of clearance so not a ton of help, sorry!

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: Official S-Works Shiv Disc Owners Thread [Creatre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay I see what you are saying, the seat post is so close to the tank that when you sit on it, it's pushing the tank slightly.

You could try buying the forward seatpost and use a longer nose ISM saddle (because you may run out of rails with the current) and that will give you a ton more tank clearance to see if that solves it.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you I’ll search again

The LBS thought that over a bump when I am in the saddle I come down on the seat tube which pushes on the tank and causes the tyre to clip the tank.

When I am up out of the saddle over a similar bump at similar speed it doesn’t seem to happen

Hope that makes sense!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are these (honestly) weighing in at with wheels and pedals?
Quote Reply
Re: Official S-Works Shiv Disc Owners Thread [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is heavy. Haven’t weighed it but 20+ for sure.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree mine is noticeably heavier than my Cannondale Supersix Evo roadie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jobe82 wrote:
Agree mine is noticeably heavier than my Cannondale Supersix Evo roadie.

Switch to a forward offset seatpost to avoid the dynamic issues, and you can enlarge the mounting hold or put a space under the nose to shift it up a bit...Otherwise, run a smaller tire...

Unfortunately you already cut the reservoir, but with the Fwd offset post you would restore some additional fluid capacity
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm in a similar situation
i had a 28c GP5KTL on the rear but the shop building th ebike thought the clearance from the tank was too tight so went down to a 25c. really disapointed as the rough roads around here mean the 28 is much nicer. i'm wondering if the 28c TR will fit as they are apparently a bit smaller than the TL.

i don't think the height of the tank will be the issue, the bottom position is fixed. it will be the flex in the seat tube and stays compressing the rear end down towards the wheel.

question for the specialized guys on here: what is the minimum clearance required?

Jobe82 wrote:
Hi all

New here and relativity new to tri!

I have a 2021 Shiv Sworks Disc I bought second hand. I love it. Very fast. Very comfortable.

I am running the standard Roval 64 wheels but put 28” GP5000 TLs tires on. It seems the rear tire is catching the underside of the rear wing. The clearance around the wheel looks a bit wider in front than about the wheel. It really only happens when I’m going uphill over a bump at speed. I think when I am out of the saddle I can avoid it.

Now it’s a medium bike and I’m not that tall 5ft 4in but have a comfortable fit. The seat post had to be dropped a bit and had to cut the wing. The wing is now sitting just under the seat.

My question is can I run 28s in the Shiv? My reading would suggest yes but what is everyone’s experience?

If I can run 28s is my wing too tall? Should I get another half inch cut off? The LBS thinks my weight coming down onto the seat after a bump may be causing the tyre to engage with the wing. I’m not that heavy mind you (150lbs) but maybe heavy enough.

Photo attached for reference. I don’t think it’s uploading to the post. I have uploaded it here https://ibb.co/RNvrFwy

Apologies for the essay and hope it makes sense!

TIA!
Quote Reply
Re: Official S-Works Shiv Disc Owners Thread [drjoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know a brand that has a rear bottle cage for the Shiv?
Quote Reply

Prev Next