Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to best support/share independent race photographers?
Quote | Reply
Hey all,
I just bought and shared a photo from Justin Luau and someone asked me how to find independent photo albums outside of FinisherPix. While FinisherPix can have some good ones, its often hard to match the quality of some of the shots that guys like Justin or Scott Flathouse consistently put out.

On that note, what is the best way to find and support the independent photographers? I know they often post a few photos of pros and use hashtags for the races on instagram, but there are plenty of racers who will still never see those albums. I happen to know the names Justin and Scott because they are consistently at races in my region, but it honestly is pretty hard to track down other albums. Are there just not that many photographers out on the courses not associated with FinisherPix? Should Ironman allow these photographers to register and get their names out there or would they reach too deeply into their pockets?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: May 20, 19 18:15
Quote Reply
Re: How to best support/share independent race photographers? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had some local events covered by Sportograf. I'm pretty sure that they are basically a distributor/broker for local camera operators but they did a great job in sometimes terrible conditions. So I bought their picture sets from the events I've attended... best I can do.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Re: How to best support/share independent race photographers? [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So maybe we just need some kind of database that shows up first whenever someone Google's something like "Chattanooga 70.3 photos".

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply