Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Culprit Arm pad and aerobar/stem
Quote | Reply
HI Guys

https://www.indiegogo.com/...obar--2/x/13290498#/

I am here willing to answer questions.

We are looking at changing pad spacing to be more universal. At the moment it fits My bar and profile design. But I believe there is a way to fit more brands. So if I can make that happen, will update the design and let you know. This is one perk of not having opened molds yet.

The stem in size 90-`120 mm will fit the new ETAP controller. But on shorter lengths will remove option to run a center pull brake with stopper.

Really hoping the Tri community can rally behind this product to help bring the design to light.

The aerobar has been ridden and raced on my bike now for about a year and has never slipped or had any issues. It is production ready, just need volume to justify production and some help with tooling for the arm pad.

Some of you have already ordered pads. Hope to see more ST followers join the Culprit family.
Quote Reply
Re: New Culprit Arm pad and aerobar/stem [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested in the long arm pads for sure.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tririg compatible?
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: May 20, 19 18:22
Quote Reply
Re: New Culprit Arm pad and aerobar/stem [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it will be

I am making pad bolt position changes as we speak to fit a huge range of competitors.

So, yes, Feel free to pre order

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked at the bottom of the article but thought I should ask here too.

Can you please clarify the bar angle. The indigogo page says -10 degrees but Dan said it appears to be -17.
Quote Reply
Re: New Culprit Arm pad and aerobar/stem [greasdupdeafguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is -10 degrees but aesthetically we designed it to have a horizontal top with a 73 degree fork angle. So that’s why it appears as it’s -17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if the stem will be compatible with a Felt IAxx?
These only have ~29mm of exposed steerer tube above the compression ring of the top bearing of the headset. There's also limited room because of the recess the stem tucks into.
Might be worth considering since options are limited for this bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New Culprit Arm pad and aerobar/stem [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I worked from beginning knowing IAxx numbers. My stem to top cap is 32 mm. But you will need shorter than that to allow there room for the top cap to work correctly. So 29 mm should be a good fit. We added a more forward cable stop for iaxx and other bikes with extended headtube so it should help go inner cable only to center pull brakes. Unfortunately I don’t have any IAs near me to verify.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
I worked from beginning knowing IAxx numbers. My stem to top cap is 32 mm. But you will need shorter than that to allow there room for the top cap to work correctly. So 29 mm should be a good fit. We added a more forward cable stop for iaxx and other bikes with extended headtube so it should help go inner cable only to center pull brakes. Unfortunately I don’t have any IAs near me to verify.

Joshua
Great to know. I'll be keeping an eye on this so!
Might be interested in a change next year.
Quote Reply
Re: New Culprit Arm pad and aerobar/stem [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s great, however if the project doesn’t meet its funding goals it won’t be in the market. So I do hope that decision can be made now. You also get a nice discount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmmmm - I shall give it some thought and check the geometry!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And will the holes allow for any internal or external rotation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can rotate the armpad inward or outward.

Final range will be determined later after we finalize how to make it universal bolt pattern. That of course cuts down the range from the original design but will still allow some movement.

Once I know I will confirm.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the front of the arm pads shaped to make it a nice aerofoil leading edge if we run our extensions tilted up. That could result in some drag savings.
Quote Reply
Re: New Culprit Arm pad and aerobar/stem [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that I cannot say for sure.

It is a rounded surface designed to support your arm. so position wise its no different than no as its just a support for your arm/forearm.
But I do imagine it would be a smoother surface than your arm. So in theory yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just pre-ordered some pads on Indiegogo!
Last edited by: Cajer: May 21, 19 20:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m an indiegogo newbie so help me out...we commit to buy through a sponsor but we are only committed if you reach your full goal or do we pay up front and lose our commitment money even if you don’t reach your goal?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You back and pay. But if the project doesn’t reach my goal you will get refunded. If the project reaches its goal payment remains and I will then have funds to move forward to delivery by my October goal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the arm pads.
T3 compatible ?
Any info on the padding ? I know it’s a little weird but hate the plastic covered pads. Also can you order additional pads ?

"There may be men that can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontane
Quote Reply
Re: New Culprit Arm pad and aerobar/stem [powerbarjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, T3 compatible

foam pads are 10 mm thick. I have tested 2 different densitys and chose the harder version. But in production I can always play with the density of the foam.

Yes, can sell extra foam

Its made by the same supplier as zipp and 3T. so its a cloth molded on top of foam. Hasnt come unfrayed or loose after many rides in the original sample like what Dan was given.

Joshua
Last edited by: culpritbicycles: May 22, 19 0:15
Quote Reply