Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New video....Bike Fit Critique: Premier Tactical XS
Quote | Reply
I am hopefully attaching a video I took about 10 days back. I thought I had the camera set up to capture everything, but the top of my helmet did not quite make it. This is a Premier Tactical XS and the saddle is an ISM 3.0. I've been through a lot of the Bike Fit Critiques and tried to take into account the advice/comments from the various experts (Eric, Trent, James H, Jim, Dave Luscan, rruff etc.). This position is quite a bit lower than I was able to achieve on my previous bike (2012 Scott Plasma 10 XXS). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

can't figure out how to embed it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3AUK3Mbl64
Last edited by: dcon: Jun 3, 19 5:12
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique: Premier Tactical XS [dcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Saddle is quite low
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique: Premier Tactical XS [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed the saddle seems a bit low and he might need to move his saddle back a little bit
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique: Premier Tactical XS [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
Agreed the saddle seems a bit low and he might need to move his saddle back a little bit

Agree... But not much
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my comments would not be helpful. I think your saddle is a touch low too. I wonder how you'll like the saddle when it's at the proper height.

Are you maxed out on spacer height?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saddle up back.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique: Premier Tactical XS [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have another 2 cm of spacers I can add between the extensions and the armrests - already maxed under the extensions. I have the extra 2cm because I suspected I needed to bring the stack up a little more and spoke with Dan K. about that possibility. How much do you think the seat needs to come up? .5 - .75 cm?

Unhelpful comments are okay....

ericMPro wrote:
my comments would not be helpful. I think your saddle is a touch low too. I wonder how you'll like the saddle when it's at the proper height.

Are you maxed out on spacer height?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn’t add spacers above your extensions. And I’d raise saddle 1cm I think to start.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcon wrote:
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

How does it feel? What events are you racing?

IMO your saddle isn't too low unless you are having some symptoms that indicate otherwise. You certainly aren't too acute at the top of the stroke. Likewise for moving the saddle back... only if it feels better (more powerful or comfortable). You look good to me.

BTW, I'm not an expert! I just like to comment in fit threads... ;)
Last edited by: rruff: May 20, 19 12:51
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique: Premier Tactical XS [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric. I will repost in about a week.

ericMPro wrote:
I wouldn’t add spacers above your extensions. And I’d raise saddle 1cm I think to start.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique: Premier Tactical XS [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your comments. It feels pretty good, but I do need to get the bike outside for some rides - weather and life keep getting in the way . I usually do 2-3 Olys and one IM distance race (bike leg is 190km with about 1800 meters of climbing).

I have had the saddle up higher when experimenting with other saddles (my old Attack and also a PR 2.0 that I had on my road bike), but I feel a little more stable with it down. I am using different pedals than I have previously (Time instead of Shimano) and that may be a factor.

rruff wrote:
dcon wrote:
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

How does it feel? What events are you racing?

IMO your saddle isn't too low unless you are having some symptoms that indicate otherwise. You certainly aren't too acute at the top of the stroke. Likewise for moving the saddle back... only if it feels better (more powerful or comfortable). You look good to me.

BTW, I'm not an expert! I just like to comment in fit threads... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also with that much stack + what looks like a longish stem/pads forward, that bike is likely too small for you.
Quote Reply
Updated - Bike Fit Critique: Premier Tactical XS - up 1 cm, back .7cm [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My sister's visit to Japan has kept me tied up for the past couple of weeks. I finally got around to moving the seat up 1cm as Eric suggested and when I took the bike outside for a ride, I ended up moving the seat back about .7 cm to feel comfortable. Overall, this feels more comfortable, but I think it will take some time for my legs to adjust to the increased knee angle. Any further inputs?

Apologies for the lighting. This was the best I could do in the late afternoon.

Thanks,
Dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siH6eWIesr8
Quote Reply
Re: Updated - Bike Fit Critique: Premier Tactical XS - up 1 cm, back .7cm [dcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump to edit the subject line.
Quote Reply
Re: Updated - Bike Fit Critique: Premier Tactical XS - up 1 cm, back .7cm [dcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'm gonna go with: that looks pretty damn good.
</amateur>
Quote Reply