Login required to post replies

Black mirror. Season 5
Quote | Reply

June 3rd.
Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror. Season 5 [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally!

While Bandersnatch wasn't terrible, it wasn't as good as typical Black Mirror.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror. Season 5 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Finally!

While Bandersnatch wasn't terrible, it wasn't as good as typical Black Mirror.

Totally agree! I watched it while stuck at JFK all day because the stupid polar vortex grounded my flight and I was doubly disappointed at it not being as great as I expected.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only 3 episodes?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror. Season 5 [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But how long are they? Season 4 had a few episodes over 60 minutes.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finished 2 of the 3 episodes. Did not care for either of them. Are these the same writers? Did not seem like Black Mirror at all. Very disappointed.

I did, however, discover Black Summer on Netflix. It is another zombie series with a mysterious virus reanimating the dead. Not sure why I find it compelling, but, I do.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finished. What a steaming pile of crap. They need the former writer to come back.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror. Season 5 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The episode with Miley Cyrus was sort of entertaining, which cannot be said of the other 2 episodes. They were 127 minutes that I will never get back.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror. Season 5 [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, even the Cyrus episode was boring until the final 15 minutes or so.

This entire season is a big, meh.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed that the writing is different this season. Episode 1 (with the gaming) would have usually ended with something horrible. Instead it had a tiny resolution unseen to this point in Black Mirror.
Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror. Season 5 [reefblastbody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
reefblastbody wrote:
Agreed that the writing is different this season. Episode 1 (with the gaming) would have usually ended with something horrible. Instead it had a tiny resolution unseen to this point in Black Mirror.

I didn't mind the first episode.. it had the same tone/mood that i love about Black Mirror. The episode concept, while a different spin on the escapism in tech we have seen in past episodes, was interesting.

I did not care for the 2nd episode though. it touched on some interesting concepts, such as the social media company knowing more about the perp than the authorities and sooner.. and the perp using real time social updates (like twitter) to understand what he is up against, but the big reveal about the car crash was meh. and thus his motivation for the extreme measures he took didn't resonate either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Agreed, even the Cyrus episode was boring until the final 15 minutes or so.

This entire season is a big, meh.

The final episode - Rachel, Jack, and Ashley Too - had its moments. The concept was great. I expected this to be another Chuckie story where the "doll" comes to life and is pure evil. Having installed Ashley's personality was a good twist.

SPOILER:

Having Ashley Too pull the plug was absolutely brilliant - "I think I would know what I would want!"

The scene where Ashley Too comes to life and starts screaming for the plug to be pulled from her ass was hilarious. But, they still could have made more here.

Also interesting, however, was the way the characters were developed. Rachel was not the protagonist here. The protagonist was Jack. This episode was about Jack's story-arch, not Rachel. Jack was living in the past, unable to get over the death of her mother, and afraid to let anyone hear her music. The events with Ashley and Ashley Too freed Jack and enabled her to evolve. In fact, the ONLY character who did not evolve was Rachel. At the end, she is sitting in the bar, still looking as meek and mild as she did at the beginning in.

Finally, I found the Ashley O song creative. Talking the NIN line "Bow down before the one you serve. You're going to get what you deserve," and changing it to "So full of ambition and verve
I'm gonna get what I deserve" was clever.

Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror. Season 5 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This season was bad and whoever made it should feel bad.
Quote Reply