Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 35 yr Old Olympian racing age group [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm actually arguing for status-quo, once you start diving into the weeds of figuring out how to evaluate "competitiveness" the status quo is likely where you'll wind up...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: 35 yr Old Olympian racing age group [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I'm actually arguing for status-quo, once you start diving into the weeds of figuring out how to evaluate "competitiveness" the status quo is likely where you'll wind up...

I'm with you. I was only pointing out that there are numerous threads on ST on how Ironman should divvy slots up (among other aspects of their business). Ironman's day to day charter is how to improve profitability while maintaining or improving their race product. By contrast, it seems like most people on ST open up with suggestions on how to improve the race product to suit their own personal preference without any thought on the profitability aspect. It really would not surprise me if the the shit management advice coming off this forum is a running joke among Ironman staff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
IT wrote:

For the win.

I'm going to to leave it at this as this is breaking out into a personal attack on where I might be coming from rather than a discussion of ideas. I still like a distance and time standard too for the reasons previously stated.

I guess you can get a 140.6 sticker when the IM is much shorter and put it on your car too.

Personal attack? People are discussing your ideas. It's just that no-one on the thread agrees with your ideas. Take that as a personal attack if you like.

You aren't related to H2Ofun, are you?

Shambolic - "I just think someone is salty they can't qualify for Kona?"

And your "related to H20fun?" suggests a personal dig.

I guess that's what I was picking up on.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: 35 yr Old Olympian racing age group [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really. I like H2Ofun, I miss him around here. He just had certain habits that you remind me of. I like you too. You're just wrong.... ;-)

See, I put in a smiley face to show that I'm not making personal attacks.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: 35 yr Old Olympian racing age group [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really would not surprise me if the the shit management advice coming off this forum is a running joke among Ironman staff.
Except that there is exactly one guy that is proposing something out of the ordinary, and just about everyone else agrees pretty much with how they do it now. So maybe they laugh at the odd ball idea, but we here have actually had a laugh at many of their programs over the years. Programs that were change almost immediately once they were discussed in a thread here. Pretty sure they were not laughing about those... (-;
Don't conflate the few with the many here, squeaky wheel and all that I guess..
Quote Reply
Re: 35 yr Old Olympian racing age group [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
It really would not surprise me if the the shit management advice coming off this forum is a running joke among Ironman staff.
Except that there is exactly one guy that is proposing something out of the ordinary, and just about everyone else agrees pretty much with how they do it now. So maybe they laugh at the odd ball idea, but we here have actually had a laugh at many of their programs over the years. Programs that were change almost immediately once they were discussed in a thread here. Pretty sure they were not laughing about those... (-;
Don't conflate the few with the many here, squeaky wheel and all that I guess..

Well, there was that VIP Access program that went over like a lead balloon. But I think you know what I'm getting at.
Quote Reply
Re: 35 yr Old Olympian racing age group [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
However what I DO have a issue with is racing the likes of last year's M50-54 AG Du World champion who was a former pro cyclist and in 2002 was popped for EPO, and raced AG in Fynn (sic)

Well damn. I'm going to tell people from now on I came in 19th in that race. Sounds a lot better than 20th.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
You aren't related to H2Ofun, are you?

He is, in the sense that they shared occupation of my 'Ignored' list. A list that these days consists of a single occupant.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply

Prev Next