Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why does this, of all things, make my blood boil?
Quote | Reply
This:

It's totally irrational, of course. But to see kids walking dogs while riding an "electric something" just kills me. We're so fucking lazy and entitled that a kid needs/wants an expensive electronic device to scoot around on instead of walking, jogging, running, riding a bike. My kid asks for one I'll promptly order them all sorts of chores and possibly enter them into a local 5k race. Not run to Amazon to buy little spoiled brat Johnny a $300 Chinese house fire trap.

Also, basically ANY electric mobility like a scooter, hover scooter, one wheeled thingy I find kind of ridiculous/irritating/childish. WTF is the point if a $150 bike does the same thing and can actually ascend a meaningful hill (or descend one without killing yourself).

I see this and I think things like:

-Darwin at work
-future diabetes drug profits
-cost of injuries affecting insurance premiums

I hear all the time about replacing cars with alt transit. Fine, but at the cost of folks being lazy fucks?

I also see adult fatties using this method to walk animals in town. You half expect to see a cupholder for their Big Gulp or their 64oz Frostie.

I'll admit to acting like an old man here.

Quote Reply
Re: Why does this, of all things, make my blood boil? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These kids and their new fangled devices

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Why does this, of all things, make my blood boil? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ever ridden one?

They're fun.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Travelling this week and was just informed by my wife that our big city born (now medium sized Idaho town residents) 7 year old kiddo put all of our 6 chickens (a new hobby for us) in their coop and walked the dog around the block on his own last night without being asked.

Super proud dad here..maybe knowing there are kids out there like him will bring that blood temp down a bit for you.

I do get being annoyed by that picture though.
Quote Reply
Re: Why does this, of all things, make my blood boil? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Have you ever ridden one?

They're fun.

I can't summon enough hipster in me to be able to pull it off. Or enough balance.
Quote Reply
Re: Why does this, of all things, make my blood boil? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to my porch.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Why does this, of all things, make my blood boil? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Welcome to my porch.

What's the drink of choice on your porch?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAHAHAHA!

I have a kid on my street that does this. Except he also has his head buried in his phone while "walking" the dog. Best one was when he clipped the curb one time and went flailing to the ground. Laughed so hard on that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rip around my little house on one. Got it for the boys at Christmas but I use it far more often than they do.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think people riding a bike while holding a dog leash to "walk" the dog are lazy too. I suppose there's the argument that the dog might like that better as it gets to run.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Why does this, of all things, make my blood boil? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

that was funny
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Welcome to my porch.

What's the drink of choice on your porch?

Tequila.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply