Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Quote | Reply
Hell no! And, evidently, the Palestinians created a "safe haven" for the Jews during and after the Holocaust ...

In her “Skullduggery” interview Friday, Tlaib, who is Palestinian-American, called Trump “a crooked CEO.” In a different part of the interview, she discussed the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the role Palestinians played in helping provide a “safe haven” for Jews following the Holocaust.
“There’s a kind of a calming feeling, I always tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence, in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people’s passports,” Tlaib said. “And just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time. And I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways. But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, right, and it was forced on them.”
Tlaib did not specify what her ancestors did to help Jewish refugees fleeing Europe during and after the Holocaust. The grand mufti of Jerusalem, the Islamic cleric overseeing the Muslim holy sites in the city, incited riots against Jews immigrating to Palestine and allied himself with Hitler during World War II. The Arab states surrounding Israel opposed its creation as a Jewish state in 1948 and launched a war against it.

https://www.yahoo.com/...ments-152223528.html

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was she holding a tiki torch when she said this?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No matter how many times I read it, it still doesn't make sense. It comes off as one of those family tradition stories that gets passed down and taken as gospel when in fact it can't be more fake. You know, like on Antique Roadshow, "Great great great great great great Granddad got this statue directly from the direct descendant of Count Vlad the Impaler in 1605." "Yeah, not sure how to tell you, this was made in New Jersey in 1982."

None of it is true. But she seems to believe it. She should be criticized, not for making light of the holocaust, but for being completely ignorant of history and the Palestinian's stance on a Jewish Israel.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see how she made light of the holocaust. I do see how she shouldn't be allowed to talk in public though.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well at least she is recognizing that the Holocaust is a part of world history, so there is that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I don't see how she made light of the holocaust. I do see how she shouldn't be allowed to talk in public though.

I agree. I do not see how her comments could be viewed as making light of the Holocaust. But, they truly are ignorant comments wholly devoid of any possible connection to reality.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
But, they truly are ignorant comments wholly devoid of any possible connection to reality.

There's a lot of that going around these days.

Truth doesn't matter. It only matters what you can make the masses believe.

I used to wonder while being taught about WWII how so many of the masses could totally buy into propaganda (20/20 hindsight makes me a genius). I no longer wonder.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
But, they truly are ignorant comments wholly devoid of any possible connection to reality.

There's a lot of that going around these days.

Truth doesn't matter. It only matters what you can make the masses believe.

I used to wonder while being taught about WWII how so many of the masses could totally buy into propaganda (20/20 hindsight makes me a genius). I no longer wonder.

I always knew that you and moose love was not the truth. Somehow JSA has convinced most everyone that it is a thing. #truthmatters
Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy started it. JSA beats the shit out of that dead horse.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if David Duke wants to give her the ok sign on this one. And by ok, I mean riiiiggghhhhtttt....ok sister. Bless your heart!
Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
I always knew that you and moose love was not the truth. Somehow JSA has convinced most everyone that it is a thing. #truthmatters

BLeP keeps sending me pictures. Duffy asked for them, but BLeP keeps sending them in text messages to me and Duffy. Sick, sick stuff.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy started it. JSA beats the shit out of that dead horse.

That's less disturbing than what you were doing to that dead moose ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice Stripes reference.

Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
No matter how many times I read it, it still doesn't make sense. It comes off as one of those family tradition stories that gets passed down and taken as gospel when in fact it can't be more fake. You know, like on Antique Roadshow, "Great great great great great great Granddad got this statue directly from the direct descendant of Count Vlad the Impaler in 1605." "Yeah, not sure how to tell you, this was made in New Jersey in 1982."

None of it is true. But she seems to believe it. She should be criticized, not for making light of the holocaust, but for being completely ignorant of history and the Palestinian's stance on a Jewish Israel.

I think what she’s saying is that Palestinians had everything taken from them so that the Jews could have safe haven. The safe haven wasn’t given by the pals, it was taken by the Jews. That’s what it seems like she’s saying.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: May 13, 19 13:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I agree. I do not see how her comments could be viewed as making light of the Holocaust. But, they truly are ignorant comments wholly devoid of any possible connection to reality.

It would be really be nice to force her to take a modern Middle East history class, so she can realize what a dumbass she is.
Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I think what she’s saying is that Palestinians had everything taken from them so that the Jews could have safe haven. The safe haven wasn’t given by the pals, it was taken by the Jews. That’s what it seems like she’s saying.

Agreed.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:

I’m going with: I get that Jews needed a safe haven and I’m glad they got one, but death to Israel.
Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
Nice Stripes reference.

Oh, damn, Animal House! Of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [VagueRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VagueRunner wrote:
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:

I’m going with: I get that Jews needed a safe haven and I’m glad they got one, but death to Israel.

Agree but with a dash of victimization and a dash of self-righteousness and self-congratulation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:

I am about halfway through the History of Israel, 60 anniversary edition. It seems that Jews had bought the land from local Arabs, turned the neglected and unused land into an agricultural farms etc. The more Jews came, the more land they bought, Arabs were happy to sell it to them but it seems that at one point the Arabs wanted to take back the land from the Jews and started to attack them. So nothing was taken from Palestinians, the land was bought and only after the Palestinians started to attack, the Jews hit back and to secure their settlements, they had to push the Palestinians further out. Jews didn't want war but they didn't want to be killed either.
Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I know. I’m not saying the Jews took it, the idiot democrat congresscunt is saying it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
VagueRunner wrote:
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:

Agree but with a dash of victimization and a dash of self-righteousness and self-congratulation.

Which is impressive, when you think about it, working in all 3 while actually saying something pretty bad. Also impressive, that she said so much that people got insulted by the wrong thing.
Quote Reply