Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Shiv TT Spotted in Giro 2019 Opening TT Stage [joshatsilca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joshatsilca wrote:
We had this bike on the velodrome in Mallorca back in December for testing and I can tell you that it's fast. The seat tube and stays are interesting and the first time I saw it I really had to hand it to the team at Specialized for going so wildly off script.. the whole seat tube/BB area violates all of the visual wind tunnel rules, which certainly led to some interesting doubts/discussions with the riders as they too expect things to look a certain way!

I'll be interested to see how they choose to market the bike and these features as this will undoubtedly be the first question/rejection of the design by everybody who sees it.

Josh,
Are you going to be headed to France for the Tour?
-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv TT Spotted in Giro 2019 Opening TT Stage [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward when they will introduce this beauty, possible during/after TDF?

Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv TT Spotted in Giro 2019 Opening TT Stage [joshatsilca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now up on the Specialized website.
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv TT Spotted in Giro 2019 Opening TT Stage [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seeing it from this angle makes it look a lot like the Ridley Dean Fast imo which is starting to become an outdated design, even though Campenaerts broke the hour record on it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv TT Spotted in Giro 2019 Opening TT Stage [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The frame cut in rear end has bolts spot, any idea what it is for?

Last edited by: Ksavostin: Jul 3, 19 0:39
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv TT Spotted in Giro 2019 Opening TT Stage [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A round Tubed TT bike is coming shortly ;)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Last edited by: sergio: Jul 3, 19 0:39
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv TT Spotted in Giro 2019 Opening TT Stage [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would guess front derailleur mount that you can remove when running 1X
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:

edit: a subsequent poster has shown my guess to be incorrect.

I'll guess mounting features for a fairing/spares box/etc. The silhouette shown further down the page for the geometry shows this area filled in:

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Last edited by: renorider: Jul 3, 19 21:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with pyf, perhaps as one of various optional uses, especially since Jungels has a front derailleur mounted in that exact location.
Last edited by: duncan: Jul 3, 19 1:49
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv TT Spotted in Giro 2019 Opening TT Stage [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:
Ksavostin wrote:

I'll guess mounting features for a fairing/spares box/etc. The silhouette shown further down the page for the geometry shows this area filled in:
Yeah I'm going with removable front derailleur mount.
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv TT Spotted in Giro 2019 Opening TT Stage [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:
Ksavostin wrote:

The Silhouette shown is from the Shiv Tri with the Hydration Fuelcell removed, not the Shiv TT
Quote Reply
Re: New Shiv TT Spotted in Giro 2019 Opening TT Stage [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ah, thanks for that. will edit my post accordingly

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply

Prev Next