Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Well, Buttjudge made the cut. Trump gave him a nickname.... [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Not only does our president go around making up nicknames like he’s a high schooler in the lunchroom...

The prevalence of the above type of thinking is one of the things that got us Trump in 2016 and is what will likely get him re-elected. It’s a total lack of understanding of what he’s doing based on an ever present underestimation of his intelligence and tactical maneuvering.

What you and many others see as a juvenile dumbo making up childlike insults to belittle his political opponents is in reality a brilliant tactic in action.

He zeros in on something unflattering about someone and makes a descriptive nickname from it. Then after some repetition of said nickname it the attribution becomes ingrained in the collective psyche of the electorate.

Low Energy Jeb - you just couldn’t help but see his apparent lack of energy or enthusiasm (please clap).

His nicknames aren’t some random tick and he just can’t help himself due to immaturity or lack of intelligence.

It’s a purposeful, well thought out strategy to neutralize his opponents (and in the case of some flattering names, ingratiate himself with those he needs something from).

I don’t say this as an endorsement of this tactic, it’s just an observation and an analysis of what he does.

Keep writing him off as buffoon if you want but it’s not a winning strategy.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Well, Buttjudge made the cut. Trump gave him a nickname.... [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:

Not only does our president go around making up nicknames like he’s a high schooler in the lunchroom

Which is a primary reason why he won.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Well, Buttjudge made the cut. Trump gave him a nickname.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know what he’s doing. And other politicians are tapping into it as well. Last election cycle during the US house election the republican ran nonstop tv ads against “Liberal Lisa Brown.” This is how they referred to her over and over and over painting her as a far leftist. Never mind that most of ads contained very little facts and very twisted versions of the truth. I just think a rediculous tactic used by individuals who otherwise would struggle to be their opponent. But, hey I guess win at all costs. The question is will Democrat’s resort to no longer playing nice in the election.

I know you listen to NPR once in a wh8le, did you happen to catch This American Life ep 671? Towards the end they talked about how a small group led by Matt Osborne resorted to playing a bit dirty to deter Roy Moore from getting elected ala the way the Russians used with Hillary. Interesting episode. Apparently he’s open to working on more elections in a similar fashion

But yeah, I think it’s all rediculous which is why I try to pay as little attention to politics as possible. Research the candidates prior to make an informed decision a few. Days before voting. Otherwise avoid all the debates, water cooler talk at work, attack ads, etc. I find I’m happier being a little bit ignorant about it all

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The question is will Democrat’s resort to no longer playing nice in the election.

Playing nice? When did they do that?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Well, Buttjudge made the cut. Trump gave him a nickname.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What you and many others see as a juvenile dumbo making up childlike insults to belittle his political opponents is in reality a brilliant tactic in action.

He zeros in on something unflattering about someone and makes a descriptive nickname from it. Then after some repetition of said nickname it the attribution becomes ingrained in the collective psyche of the electorate.

It's not a "brilliant tactic in action." It's something most any middle school aged bully has already thought of.

I don't think anyone is "underestimating " him when they point that out.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Alfred E. Newman...

Cannot be unseen.

He’s done.

American politics has become a dark comedy.

Quote:
On Friday, South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigeig became "Alfred E. Neuman."

In an interview with Politico, Trump said “Alfred E. Neuman cannot become president of the United States," referring to Buttigieg. Alfred E. Neuman is the longtime wispy haired boy mascot of MAD magazine.

https://www.usatoday.com/...ine-fame/1174608001/

Are you sure Trump gave him this nickname? Or did the left leaning usatoday attribute it to trump? Apparently the street artist "Sabo" drew the original picture of buttigieg as alfred e newman on some wall somewhere and trump and others picked it up. hmmmmm
Quote Reply
Re: Well, Buttjudge made the cut. Trump gave him a nickname.... [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s possible, likely.

I actually think the nicknames may be picked by several sources, Trump makes up some or heard someone else say one and takes it over.

Possible that he has a nickname team.

But this stuff isn’t some flippant habit. It’s a purposeful strategy.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like "Dumarse Donnie" or "Trumputz"
Quote Reply
Re: Well, Buttjudge made the cut. Trump gave him a nickname.... [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I like "Dumarse Donnie" or "Trumputz"

It's funny that the side that almost continuously calls Trump (and his supporters) every type of name in the book, is somehow complaining that he comes up with nicknames for his political opponents.
Quote Reply
Re: Well, Buttjudge made the cut. Trump gave him a nickname.... [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny that the side that almost continuously calls Trump (and his supporters) every type of name in the book, is somehow complaining that he comes up with nicknames for his political opponents.

Do you think will be hit by lightning if you don't defend Trump?

Last edited by: Sanuk: May 13, 19 13:42
Quote Reply
Re: Well, Buttjudge made the cut. Trump gave him a nickname.... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

What are you talking about? This is slightly more intelligible than your previous reply (pre-edit), but not by much.

I am not defending Trump, or his practice of giving his opponents nicknames?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left, that has innumerable nicknames for Trump, complaining about him giving nicknames to his opponents.

Are you afraid that God is going to smite you if you don't criticize every little thing Trump says or does?

Do you not believe that Trump's opponents have nicknames for the President, or just straight up calls him names?
Quote Reply
Re: Well, Buttjudge made the cut. Trump gave him a nickname.... [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes you are by minimizing what he does by trying to find someone else who does the same.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left, that has innumerable nicknames for Trump, complaining about him giving nicknames to his opponents.

Lots of people, on the right and left are opposed to Trump's constant belittling of any and all opponents or anyone who speaks out against him. It's not really a left and right thing, it's a mature/immature thing.

Do you not believe that Trump's opponents have nicknames for the President, or just straight up calls him names?

You can try to draw parallels all you want but no one comes close to using nicknames and anyone (Republicans and Democrats alike are the victims, and it's embarrassing. Instead of calling him out, you just try and point the finger at others, in other words, you defend him.

Here's a short list of people from both sides.

Pocahontas/The Indian, (Warren) Dumbo (Tex Alles), The Dick (Blumenthal), Crooked/Lyin/Heartless Hillary, Lyin/Slimeball/Slippery/Shady Comey, Little Bob Corker, Lyin Ted Cruz, Dicky Durbin, Jeff Flakey/Rejected Flakey, Lamb the Sham (Connor Lamb), Wacky Omarosa, Fat Jerry (Jerry Nadler), Cheatin Obama, Wacky Jacky (Jacky Rosen), Crazy/The Nutty Professor (Sanders), Sleazy/Pencil neck (Adam Schiff), Crying/Fake Tears/Head Clown (Schummer), Mr Magoo/Dumb Southerner (Sessions), Dumb as a rock (Tillerson), Wacky Congressman (Wilson).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

What are you talking about? This is slightly more intelligible than your previous reply (pre-edit), but not by much.

Are you afraid that God is going to smite you if you don't criticize every little thing Trump says or does?

Quoting this for posterity because this is the dumbest post of the month so far.

I, and every other hero with a keyboard can call the Orange Menace every nickname in the book. I am not a politician. I am certainly not the “leader of the free world”. I must have missed the part where Hilary or Bernie started using nicknames for President Bone Spurs.

Get a clue.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Huh? You and Duffy both. "Hey, I'm not defending him, I only can't help but spring into attack any time anybody says anything bad about him..." It obviously hurts your ears to hear your hero maligned. Denying so doesn't convince anyone.
Quote Reply

Prev Next