Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What was Nibali's TT helmet?
Quote | Reply
It's branded Rudy but I do not see any Rudy helmets that look like that. Looks kinda like a Lazer Victor to me except it appears to have a front air vent (maybe it was painted on!?!)

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: What was Nibali's TT helmet? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
It's branded Rudy but I do not see any Rudy helmets that look like that. Looks kinda like a Lazer Victor to me except it appears to have a front air vent (maybe it was painted on!?!)

Probably a new one in collaboration with McLaren.
Quote Reply
Re: What was Nibali's TT helmet? [cxrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't it have to be available to the public?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

"Authorization will be granted only for equipment which is in the final stage of development and for which commercialization will take place no later than 12 months after the first use in competition." Could still be a year until you can buy the helmet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a picture?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: What was Nibali's TT helmet? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/...414_1_2000px_670.jpg

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oooo...Friends might let friends ride Rudy Project.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

They never said to how many people in the public and at how much lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it. Let's hope it is released by October and on sale cheap for Kona athletes as they do...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Eventually. Although WT pros were wearing the Giro Aerohead for a really long time before it finally became available to the public (definitely seemed like more than a year).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was looking on the Rudy site and found nice pic here. A little like the Ekoi Koina with a slightly shorter tail... No info on the Rudy sit just this pic that I can see. I'm a fan!

https://www.rudyproject.com/ww/en/?init=yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
It's a RP helmet. But it might never get--or even be submitted for--CPSC approval, so you might not see it in the NA/USA market. This is not unusual: different product availability in different markets

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I'm guessing they'll launch this helmet at Kona? Ben Kanute will be wearing it for Nice: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2CXP5-A2sg/

Quote Reply
Re: What was Nibali's TT helmet? [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Eventually. Although WT pros were wearing the Giro Aerohead for a really long time before it finally became available to the public (definitely seemed like more than a year).

Like all things from the UCI, availability might depend. A lot of teams used the short tail Selector for years and that helmet was never available to the public.

That being said, I expect to see this available to the public. I think it is common knowledge that the current Rudy is pretty much an aero turd on 90% of the population, so they would like to have something better to offer. McClaren doesn't really manufacture consumer products, so I would think they want their name on a widely available helmet, which is what they got with the Specialized collaboration. The downside is that I don't expect it to be cheap. Oakley-level money. It could be yours for $4-500.
Quote Reply
Re: What was Nibali's TT helmet? [cxrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cxrider wrote:
"Authorization will be granted only for equipment which is in the final stage of development and for which commercialization will take place no later than 12 months after the first use in competition." Could still be a year until you can buy the helmet.

Or more. Has anyone seen that Scott helmet for sale?
Quote Reply
Re: What was Nibali's TT helmet? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Russian Federation was selling off a few of those Snub nose selectors a few months ago. I almost bought one, but they were all extremely ragged :/ (and probably not as fast as my other helmets!)

Some of that stuff is like the Crux helmets GB used in the olympics (and the bike...handlebars...) you can definitely buy it, but they quote you a price so high no competing nations can afford it for their riders :D

It's kind of crazy how fast we went from ~$250 helmets being "woah" expensive to $400+ helmets becoming more norm.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: What was Nibali's TT helmet? [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagerstrom also wearing the helmet, this thing has to be going live at Kona.

Quote Reply
Re: What was Nibali's TT helmet? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rudy Project has a long record of launching new helmets at Kona at then selling the at the expo to all Kona qualifiers at 50-75% MSRP. I don't understand who buys them though because Rudy Project has the irritating marketing strategy of putting monstrously high MSRPs on all their products and then always discounting them to 50+% off.

The idea that Rudy project makes any product that is worth anything close to the MSRP is laughable. They make fine sunglasses and helmets for training in the sub-$100 category but they quality has always struck me as a bit shoddy relative to other options. If I want an aero helmet with untested benefits and sub-par adjustability I can get one for real cheap (https://www.planetx.co.uk/...ac-notus-road-helmet). But the marketing seems to be working for Rudy Project so they clearly know more about selling helmets than I do.
Quote Reply
Re: What was Nibali's TT helmet? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like we're getting closer to launch as more pictures are appearing on the site: https://www.rudyproject.com/...hnology/helmets.html

Quote Reply
Re: What was Nibali's TT helmet? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
If I want an aero helmet with untested benefits and sub-par adjustability I can get one for real cheap (https://www.planetx.co.uk/...ac-notus-road-helmet)

I’d be very surprised if that was certified to U.S. safety certifications. I didn’t see it in the specs and Planet X is in the UK.

The new Rudy Project reminds me of the Kask Bambino style lid and from what I remember, only test fast on a few. They look cool and they seem like they’d be comfortable but I’d want to hear more data from the tunnel or velodrome.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply