Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Good. The Bad. The Ugly
Quote | Reply
 I want to hear about three races.
One you thought you executed well and it was a good day.
One where something went wrong or "it wasn't your day".
And one where things got ugly real quick and stayed in ugly town till the finish!
Quote Reply
Re: The Good. The Bad. The Ugly [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One you thought you executed well and it was a good day.
Barrelman 2017. Used it as a training day for IMFL. Swim was a PB and Bike was uneventful. Hit my powergoal without any struggle. Held back in the run a bit cause was thinking about recovering after and not overdoing it. Did 5:03 12min PB. Should have pushed for a sub 5

One where something went wrong or "it wasn't your day".
American triple T
the half IM had a freezing swim. Never really recovered and biked the whole 56miles shivering.

And one where things got ugly real quick and stayed in ugly town till the finish!
IMFL all was well until I lost my nutrition bottle. Drank the on course nutrition and gave me a massive diarrhea on the bike that whacked out my electrolytes.
walked the marathon for 7hrs. Fugly nation.
Quote Reply
Re: The Good. The Bad. The Ugly [dboatx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Bad. Grand Fondo NY 2013. Race started in a steady rain and finished in what seemed like tropical storm conditions. Busted FD at some point. Low 50’s at the start, never got warmer. not certain what the temp was at the top of Bear but guessing mid 40’s and rain/fog/cloud. After descending I couldn’t stop shivering. Heck of an introduction to longer endurance stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: The Good. The Bad. The Ugly [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Good, 2013 Oceanside 70.3, my first half in the 4:3X range. My watch (Polar) died while on the swim so I had to race purely on feel.

The Bad, 2016 USAT Nationals Olympic distance. Aside from the hours wait to start the swim was good but the bike cooked me. I didn't realize it until I dismounted for T2 that my front brake was rubbing big time. I have never had a tougher run in any race up to that point.

The Ugly, Cherry Creek Sneak 5 miler this year. My running has been degrading a lot over the last 2 years. Getting old, injured back and a hernia haven't helped. I hit the 3 mile mark in 19:30 so I thought I was going to do well, was hoping for sub 33 minutes. I finished 33;04 and barely still going. I lost all energy about 3.5 miles. If that was a 10k I think I might've been tapping out before the end.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply