Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any good lighting ideas for AM Garage workouts?
Quote | Reply
Just curious - anybody have any good lighting ideas for early AM garage workouts?

I do a lot of AM workouts and I just put jigsaw type cheap gym flooring down across the garage floor and WOW - makes SUCH a big improvement! And I didn't even use the 'good stuff' - just spent $120 for the Amazon Basics brand black jigsaw flooring, which actually makes me want to spend time in the garage rather then get the heck out of there after working out.

While I'm on the upgrade route, I'd love to upgrade the cheap fluorescent bank lights that came with the garage, to something possibly more interesting and motivating? If such a thing exists!
Quote Reply
Re: Any good lighting ideas for AM Garage workouts? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I replaced my fluorescents with LED bulbs. All you have to do is bypass the ballast. No more waiting on the tubes to warm up or dealing with flickering or buzzing lights. You can get them in all types of colors and hues so I’m sure you could find something more interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I prefer for the garage to be near dark when I’m on the trainer. Can’t stand the overhead lights. Even so I do want a touch of light so I hung a string of white Xmas lights across the garage and hooked them up to a remote control. Works perfect for me and cheap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Order LED shop lights from Amazon. Install a dimmer if you want to adjust brightness.
Quote Reply