Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa
Quote | Reply
(a quick search does not show this has been posted yet)

For 2020, a date change has been made for both IRONMAN Santa Rosa and IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa.

IRONMAN Santa Rosa which has taken place in May, will move to July 25, 2020; while IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa triathlon will move to a Spring event taking place on May 9, 2020.

By having the IRONMAN 70.3 event earlier in the year, it will provide the perfect opportunity to prepare for IRONMAN Santa Rosa later in the year.

Registration for the 2020 IRONMAN Santa Rosa triathlon will open on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 and registration for IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa will be announced at a later date.
Quote Reply
Re: Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if/how IM70.3 Santa Rosa will impact Oceanside 70.3, which is traditionally in early May
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to hear that. It was one I was considering next year if I decided on an early season race, but with St George in early May, that would be my first choice. I was looking for a mid summer option since IM Canada will be shifted to End of August with the move back to Penticton.
Quote Reply
Re: Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa [sjc166] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oceanside is the first/second week of April, not may. This will moreso compete with St. George. If I was a California resident I imagine I would think differently, but I find the current date and this new date unfortunate as it was/is just 1 week before boulder and now will be 1 week after St. George. If it was early July I'd probably be all over it, especially considering it has a 50k purse vs the 30k at Boulder.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
St George is a full next year in May. I wonder if that has anything to do with the switch. Unfortunately this means there is still competition for Wildflower, if it happens next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mistake, thought it was at the end of April. Either way its going to conflict with some other fairly popular races. I guess we'll just have to wait until the race to see if registrations are impacted by the move in dates.
Quote Reply
Re: Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa [sammie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh good point. Forgot about that. Looks like I'll be racing Santa Rosa 70.3 then! Cool.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a much better date for the full. This date is when Vineman Full used to take place and my wife an I used to build vacations around the race. The run is really hot in July but the temperature on the bike is perfect. Summer is a great time of the year to be in Sonoma County. I also love to do St. George 70.3, so now this allows me to do both the same year. Finally, it is so much better to train for a Full in Spring and Summer than in the Winter. I'm very happy with this change.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sucks, I am racing IM SR tomorrow and its supposed to be 70 degrees and a smidge of wind. Perfect IM weather. July is going to be cooking hot which will make this lovely race not that great in my view. I live locally so I know July is HOT!

Assume it is a total long shot they bring back Tahoe? While hard would love to see that race at least every 3 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
(a quick search does not show this has been posted yet)

For 2020, a date change has been made for both IRONMAN Santa Rosa and IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa.

IRONMAN Santa Rosa which has taken place in May, will move to July 25, 2020; while IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa triathlon will move to a Spring event taking place on May 9, 2020.

By having the IRONMAN 70.3 event earlier in the year, it will provide the perfect opportunity to prepare for IRONMAN Santa Rosa later in the year.

Registration for the 2020 IRONMAN Santa Rosa triathlon will open on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 and registration for IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa will be announced at a later date.

These dates are similar to the inaugural Santa Rosa race year in 2017. 70.3 in May and IM in July. My wife and I had done Vineman numerous times, but May 2017 offered up some very cool weather. It made for fast efforts on race, but we were surprised at the temperature difference in the area from what we were used to experiencing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both 70.3 and 140.6 will run concurrently in St George... I think????

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Last edited by: alex_korr: May 10, 19 20:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oside 1st week in April. StG 1st week in May.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In April, actually...

Quote Reply
Re: Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mate. Pointed out in post 4 and i put my hand up to the oversight.
Quote Reply
Re: Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See above
Quote Reply
Re: Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't seem like it from the web site: http://www.ironman.com/....aspx#/axzz5na306nF5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Thanks for pointing it out. Well, then Santa Rosa it is!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who's at the helm here? Santa Rosa at the end of July? This is beyond stupid. That's like the new full that's going to Arkansas...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is that? I raced 2017 and the weather was just fine. Run was on a very nice, flat, well shaded course next to a river.
Quote Reply
Re: Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Summer is amazing in Santa Rosa, let me know...but my image of California Wine Country is HOOOOOOTTTTTT.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is the post that says there’re changing the date. I don’t see it. This is a major disappointment for me. I’d much rather do a full 70.3 in summer when I know I’ll be back in my hotel around noon rather than just starting a hot-ass marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: Date changes for 2020 IM and IM70.3 Santa Rosa [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
If Summer is amazing in Santa Rosa, let me know...but my image of California Wine Country is HOOOOOOTTTTTT.

Avg temp in July is 80s if not 90s.

Way to hot for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found something on the active.com website that appears to confirm the date change....

https://www.active.com/...nman-santa-rosa-2020
Quote Reply