Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: Size M skinsuit (Body Paint, Velotec)
Quote | Reply
Looking to buy a used size M skinsuit. Looking for a Body Paint or a Velotec in LS.

The one I have is a cheapy intro level and I'd like to try something a bit more legit. Not $250 legit, more like maybe $100 used to $125 new.

Prefer it NOT be used team wear to avoid any issues if I choose to enter a race.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Size M skinsuit (Body Paint, Velotec) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a note, I have both of those, a Castelli in L and the Velotec in M. Fit is very different. I cannot wear a M in Castelli because it is too short in the torso, but my torso isn't long for my height (6'). The L Castelli is tight vertically and big around, which leads to it pulling away from my stomach and chest. The Velotec fits me much better, but could be tighter. I think I could wear a S in that. Based on the tests I've done the Castelli is faster on me.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Size M skinsuit (Body Paint, Velotec) [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Just a note, I have both of those, a Castelli in L and the Velotec in M. Fit is very different. I cannot wear a M in Castelli because it is too short in the torso, but my torso isn't long for my height (6'). The L Castelli is tight vertically and big around, which leads to it pulling away from my stomach and chest. The Velotec fits me much better, but could be tighter. I think I could wear a S in that. Based on the tests I've done the Castelli is faster on me.

Good advice! Thanks. Need a kudos button here.

I am 155lbs and 5’ 10” .

I own a LS Galibier and it fits correctly in a M. It just seems to be cheaper lyrcra spandex stuff versus the nicer fabrics of nicer suits and the heat management is not so good for warm weather. A great road race or cyclocross suit for races around 45 deg F or so.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Size M skinsuit (Body Paint, Velotec) [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested in selling the Velotec since it's slower?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Size M skinsuit (Body Paint, Velotec) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
I own a LS Galibier and it fits correctly in a M. It just seems to be cheaper lyrcra spandex stuff versus the nicer fabrics of nicer suits and the heat management is not so good for warm weather. A great road race or cyclocross suit for races around 45 deg F or so.

It's nearly impossible to know until you try them on. I have an LG Canada skinsuit in S that fits great except for straggling me if I zip it all the way and the legs are short. I'm 6' and 175lb, so why should I be wearing small? And why is a Castelli short and too big around? I'm going to see if I can find someone to tailor it.

The LG suit is actually pretty fast, and it's just basic lycra. A tight fit is the most important part. I think the Castelli works a little better for me because at high altitude and not being all that fast, the Re# is low, so the trips help.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Size M skinsuit (Body Paint, Velotec) [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
Interested in selling the Velotec since it's slower?

Maybe, but not at the moment. I've been keeping it for races where the officials make you put the number on the upper back-side, where the Castelli suit is just mesh.
Quote Reply