Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lange rocking Castelli
Quote | Reply
This is probably old news but I just saw on the Castelli IG page Lange is rocking their new speedsuit instead of Fusion
Quote Reply
Re: Lange rocking Castelli [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
This is probably old news but I just saw on the Castelli IG page Lange is rocking their new speedsuit instead of Fusion

Will they make a bespoke banana/cup pocket though?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s nice to see the World Champion wearing a brand that is actually relatively affordable for the average AG’er, rather than some $500 trisuit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:

Well, no really old news, apparently is is just signed and announced today.
Quote Reply
Re: Lange rocking Castelli [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
It’s nice to see the World Champion wearing a brand that is actually relatively affordable for the average AG’er, rather than some $500 trisuit.

I'm using a Free San Remo and I'm happy with it. At 160€ (in Europe), reasonably priced suit indeed. But it does not have the vortex generator cool stuff of the PR...

The PR model is not sold yet. So no idea of the price...

Apparently, the PR from the Lange video it is different from the PR used by Cam Wurf during 2018 Kona and recently. Another proto, or final pre-prod model ?

From what I saw on Oceanside pictures, Lagerstrom was using a Free San Remo and not a PR.
Quote Reply
Re: Lange rocking Castelli [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M understanding is that Lange's version aims to provide the same benefit at slower speeds. Though he will have to wear the version Wurf wear's once he is back on the blue train. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Lange rocking Castelli [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
You realize it's a sponsor/marketing thing and he is probably wearing something you can't even buy, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Lange rocking Castelli [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed the previous version (PR used by Wurf in Kona 2018) was announced to be optimized around 40/45 km/h (so creating the drag crisis above 40km/h). Little interest for most peoples (non - pro).

I was expecting one getting the drag crisis at slower speed (33 km/h :-). May be this one ?
Quote Reply
Re: Lange rocking Castelli [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Indeed the previous version (PR used by Wurf in Kona 2018) was announced to be optimized around 40/45 km/h (so creating the drag crisis above 40km/h). Little interest for most peoples (non - pro).

I was expecting one getting the drag crisis at slower speed (33 km/h :-). May be this one ?

If you are racing a hilly course then you should be interested. Don't look at your average speed look at your average downhill speed. At IM Lake Placid this kit would be great because it would give you added speed on the long downhills. On the climbs their is no penalty for a high speed aero and no aero kit is going to save you time.

#Teamcastelli #Castellitriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Lange rocking Castelli [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL that there are AGs buying kits that are "optimized" for flat courses and hilly courses.
Quote Reply
Re: Lange rocking Castelli [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1poseur1 wrote:
LOL that there are AGs buying kits that are "optimized" for flat courses and hilly courses.

But, but, but ... what about the "drag crisis"? With this optimized aero suit, that new $1400 wet suit, and the latest carbon fiber dongle cover, I will save so much time, I won't even need to train!
Quote Reply
Re: Lange rocking Castelli [MBaier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m fully aware he’ll be in a prototype, but at least Castelli makes solid tri suits that are reasonably priced. Many companies that the pros sponsor sell only ridiculously priced gear (ie. Deboer, Wattie Ink, Ryzon, Endura, Fusion, Cuore, etc.)

MBaier wrote:
mwanner13 wrote:
You realize it's a sponsor/marketing thing and he is probably wearing something you can't even buy, right?
Quote Reply