Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

etap blipbox issue
Quote | Reply
has anyone had a blipbox port go bad? i’ve always had the blips on the aerobars plugged in to the same ports and just recently added blips by the brakes. seems as if one of those previously unused ports is dead. i’ve tried to replace the battery and resync everything but no luck. has anyone had this happen before? is there a solution?
Quote Reply
Re: etap blipbox issue [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you plug a previously working shifter into that port, does it work then?
Quote Reply
Re: etap blipbox issue [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope, any time i move a working blip into that specific port, the blip does not work
Quote Reply
Re: etap blipbox issue [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lhmd21 wrote:
nope, any time i move a working blip into that specific port, the blip does not work

sounds like that port is fried. I would pursue a warranty. If it's not under warranty, I'd get some q-tips and isopropyl alcohol and see if I could clean it into working again.
Quote Reply
Re: etap blipbox issue [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
lhmd21 wrote:

sounds like that port is fried. I would pursue a warranty. If it's not under warranty, I'd get some q-tips and isopropyl alcohol and see if I could clean it into working again.

@lhmd21 - any luck getting the ports to work? I've having the same issue, cannot get any warranty assistance (bought the bike used from The Pro's Closet), and the SRAM Red eTap BlipBoxes are very difficult to come by. I was toying with taking the box completely apart and trying to see if I can fix/replace the 2 dead ports.
Quote Reply