Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

People Who Think as they Type
Quote | Reply
not a biggie, because i don't have to deal with this in volume, but I just got an email from someone about planning a scout activity.

It was clear she was thinking as she typed, rambling really. Said the same thing a couple times, in different ways. Didn't go back and boil it down. So I worked through it, untangled the lines, and sent my understanding back to her.

Is this normal or is it me? How do you manage if you get word salad?
Quote Reply
Re: People Who Think as they Type [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Better than people who type before they think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
not a biggie, because i don't have to deal with this in volume, but I just got an email from someone about planning a scout activity.

It was clear she was thinking as she typed, rambling really. Said the same thing a couple times, in different ways. Didn't go back and boil it down. So I worked through it, untangled the lines, and sent my understanding back to her.

Is this normal or is it me? How do you manage if you get word salad?

I see this often

I will get things from my kids school that will say something like this ....

PTO Spaghetti Dinner!

Join us for Yummy spaghetti this spring! April showers brings May flowers and what a better time for tomatoes to become spaghetti sauce! Join us after school in the evening for time to share dinner with all of the families at school. It will be at 7pm. Make sure to RSVP so we know how many plates and volunteers are needed. If you would like to volunteer on May 3rd, that would be great! See you soon!

I would prefer it say- Spaghetti dinner May 3 @ 7:00pm. That’s all I need to know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do this, but i try to remember and go back and edit, but sometimes I forget, to edit my stream of consciousness. I mean i guess if people don't like rambling posts or emails, I get it. like I said I try to remember and go back to edit it, but sometimes I forget. Hell sometimes I forget to hit send, and thats really awkward later when no one got the email I never sent. So In short, yeah shit happens, deal with it. Feel good that you have a better memory then the poor guy who forgot to hit send.. Hell why are you complaining about not getting emails, far better than those who type like a stream of conscious ness and never go back and edit there email so it makes sense or is full of typos and bag grammer. Those are the really annoying ones.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply