Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

6 month Delay
Quote | Reply
This past weekend I was able to compete in a well done local 70.3. I performed right where I had wanted and hit all of my goals for paces during the race. Due to life, work, yada yada yada my next race won't be for another 6months in mid October. It will be another 70.3. I don't want to lose too much if any fitness at all possible.

What would you do for training in the mean time over that 6 month time frame? recycle back through the training block I did for this 70.3 or something totally different?
Quote Reply
Re: 6 month Delay [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m in the same boat. Did a 70.3 Saturday and have another one September 29th, Ironman Augusta 70.3.

I’m planning on doing some easy maintenance stuff with some harder sessions worked in to address things I need to work on up until 14 weeks out from Augusta. Then I’m planning on using the same plan over with some tweaks here and there.
Last edited by: Parkland: May 8, 19 18:30
Quote Reply
Re: 6 month Delay [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what I was leaning towards as well. With that much constant heavy training over that time frame I have a feeling overtraining and or injury could come into play.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 month Delay [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since running is my weakness, after taking 2 to 3 weeks off, I'd go back to running with 70% of my available training time then swim and bike with the rest of the available time until I got about 14 weeks out. After that I'd cycle back to the same training block.
Quote Reply