Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Changes to NYC Triathlon
Quote | Reply
It looks like there will be no pro purse, and the course and venue are changing. Does anyone have further information? ETA:The pro purse is going away immediately, but the timeline for the course/venue change is unclear.

-------------------------
Jonathan Cane
City Coach Multisport
http://www.citycoach.org
Last edited by: joncane: May 8, 19 9:54
Quote Reply
Re: Changes to NYC Triathlon [joncane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something is up. Their website shows the date and nothing else, plus by this time the life guards have usually been told the schedule. Nothing so far. I wouldn't be surprised if the pro's have been eliminated. This area does not need anything special to sell a race.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Last edited by: AutomaticJack: May 8, 19 7:32
Quote Reply
Re: Changes to NYC Triathlon [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
Something is up. There website shows the date and nothing else, plus by this time the life guards have usually been told the schedule. Nothing so far. I wouldn't be surprised if the pro's have been eliminated. This area does not need anything special to sell a race.

They are still accepting pro entries, but without a prize purse, it's pretty much all sizzle and no steak.

Jonathan Cane
City Coach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you seeing this? The website shows the schedule, not sure about pro prize purse.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Changes to NYC Triathlon [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
Where are you seeing this? The website shows the schedule, not sure about pro prize purse.

I inquired because two pros I coach were hoping to race. The response was (in part) "we regretfully announce that the professional race prize purse at the Verizon New York City Triathlon will be discontinued for the 2019 event. This decision comes ahead of format changes coming to the New York City event, including both a new venue and course."

Jonathan Cane
City Coach Multisport
Last edited by: joncane: May 8, 19 7:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha, well it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is how lifetime Oceanside died. .. was a great venue, support, etc but that wasn't enough to sell the race. People want competition
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wording of the note doesn't make the timeline for the course/venue change clear. Maybe that's not happening until 2020 (or beyond) but the prize purse is effective immediately.

Jonathan Cane
City Coach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is so sad, that was my favorite pro race, my in laws live in NYC and was always great to make a trip out the weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Changes to NYC Triathlon [Timbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any updates to this at all.

I'd be curious to see what format / course changes they might make.

The website still has (2019 coming soon) for the course maps. It's only a month out......
Quote Reply
Re: Changes to NYC Triathlon [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's hoping that they move the swim to some cleaner water. Maybe Swim somewhere near Sheepshead Bay, bike to Central Park, and keep the same run course.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Changes to NYC Triathlon [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bulldog15 wrote:
Any updates to this at all.

I'd be curious to see what format / course changes they might make.

The website still has (2019 coming soon) for the course maps. It's only a month out......

They're waiting until the day before so they can put the shortened run course map up

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply