Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Podium bike fit Atlanta
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience with them? Considering them for an in depth bike fit but I think they are kind of new. Any input helps, thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium bike fit Atlanta [dwgrenle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have been around for a long time. Podium owns All 3 Sports now. Matt Cole is one of the premier fitters in the region. And, his 2nd person at Podium is also very good.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium bike fit Atlanta [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt @ Podium did my fit and it has been great. Follow-up service was very good, and he's responsive over e-mail if you have questions over time.

Can't recommend him enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll bargain hunt everything. Bike parts/shoes/nutrition but I think that having a fit at podium has been the one thing that I don't mind paying full price for. I feel like if you communicate what you are looking for, then they will set you up for success on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium bike fit Atlanta [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got my fit from Matt and he knows his stuff and I highly recommend. He will put you on one of those fancy fit bikes and its money well spent. Podium has been around for awhile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they are great for fits. I personally won't use them for anything else given some past, unforgivably bad service experiences. I know of others who have been so put off by poor service at Podium that they won't ever step foot in the store again, but I will still use them for fits. If you are thinking about making a large purchase from them, I would recommend getting price quotes in writing.
Last edited by: Iron Dukie: May 8, 19 7:37
Quote Reply
Re: Podium bike fit Atlanta [Iron Dukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If you are thinking about making a large purchase from them, I would recommend getting price quotes in writing.

I would say that is always a good idea, no matter where you go to make a major purchase. I bought my last bike from Matt, with a great fit included. He really worked with me about adding/subtracting equipment from the stock config, and gave me a written printout. My N=1 assessment is that my Podium fit is waaay better than I have gotten at several prior attempts elsewhere.

As always, YMMV.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt did my fit at All3sports store but owns both. Got it conjunction with new Tt bike and fit still works good after nearly 2 years. Think podium has new veteran manager, lee, and my service encounters were fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another positive review for Podium. Matt at Podium had been telling me for years that my previous bike wasn't the right bike for me. I purchased an Orbea Ordu through Podium and he did the bike fit. I can now actually stay in my aero bars and my bike splits have gone up substantially. People fly into Atlanta for his bike fits so I think you're in the right place. I've had great experiences with their mechanics as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium bike fit Atlanta [deangator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deangator wrote:
Another positive review for Podium. Matt at Podium had been telling me for years that my previous bike wasn't the right bike for me. I purchased an Orbea Ordu through Podium and he did the bike fit. I can now actually stay in my aero bars and my bike splits have gone up substantially. People fly into Atlanta for his bike fits so I think you're in the right place. I've had great experiences with their mechanics as well.

Glad he decided to sabotage a gator and make your splits go up. I would do the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Podium bike fit Atlanta [Traphaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just spent 3-4 hours with Matt this past Friday. I’ve had a difficult journey over the past two years trying to find a tri bike that fits me. Matt spent a great deal of time with me as I have some “challenges” getting a comfortable fit on a tri bike. His experience as a triathlete and a fitter was invaluable to me. I highly endorse Matt and Podium. I wish I had gone there years ago (and I drove 200 miles for the fit).
Quote Reply
Re: Podium bike fit Atlanta [Traphaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice catch! Typing too fast I guess. Always a lotta love for the Gators
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dwgrenle wrote:
Anyone have experience with them? Considering them for an in depth bike fit but I think they are kind of new. Any input helps, thanks.

atlantans are lucky they have matt cole and his crew there for fitting. a lot of people in a lot of towns would love a matt cole in their town.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Podium bike fit Atlanta [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could add a lot more positive comments about Matt Cole but your decision should already be made. Go see him, it will be a great learning experience.
Quote Reply