Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guess what happens when you hit the Prius Park button at 75mph?
Quote | Reply
Disclaimer:

DO NOT try this on a busy freeway!

It.

Will.

Not.

End.

Well.

That is all.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess what happens when you hit the Prius Park button at 75mph? [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You cannot leave us hanging like that. Give the details or video if there is one.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Guess what happens when you hit the Prius Park button at 75mph? [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Photos or it didn't happen!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing?

Quote Reply
Re: Guess what happens when you hit the Prius Park button at 75mph? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

quick google brings up a Reddit thread from last year ---

"At slow speed you jerk to a stop
At higher speeds it beeps and transitions to neutral"

the transition of what constitutes slow or higher speed is somewhere between 3-7 mph. - so at 75mph- you just go into Neutral.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Park button = emergency brake?

My e-brake is a button on the dash to the left of the steering wheel, which is a shite place for it when you've been conditioned to reach down near the shifter when things go sideways (or you're trying to make them go sideways!) but I've never tried it at any speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess what happens when you hit the Prius Park button at 75mph? [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was more like "Limp Mode" at high speed with no way to put it back into drive mode.

Needless to say, when I hit the button I was in cruise mode, which immediately shut off - I had no ability to keep the same speed. Fortunately for me, I was not in traffic and was able to glide to the shoulder, stop, and put it back into drive mode.

Five years driving this car, that was a first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, why did you hit the button in the first place?

In all my years of driving, I've never been tempted to hit a parking brake while the car was moving. Never any near misses on accident either.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I owned a Prius I had two episodes where I couldn't turn the car off. In each case it took 30-45 min of repeatedly trying before it would shut down'

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
It was more like "Limp Mode" at high speed with no way to put it back into drive mode.

Needless to say, when I hit the button I was in cruise mode, which immediately shut off - I had no ability to keep the same speed. Fortunately for me, I was not in traffic and was able to glide to the shoulder, stop, and put it back into drive mode.

Five years driving this car, that was a first.

You think the car should be programmed to do nothing when someone hits the Park Button at 75mph?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Guess what happens when you hit the Prius Park button at 75mph? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

Can't say that to endless --

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply