Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Congress, Give Trump His Border Money [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
orphious wrote:
1. I never said spelling was my thing. In fact I have mentioned several times I can't spell for shit.
2. Who gives a shit?
3. You have nothing to add other than my spelling mistakes?
4. Go fuck yourself!

Pretty sure I spelled everything correctly in this post just for you. Especially #4. ;o)

I thought about using a forum quote block incorrectly, just for funsies, but I refrained :)

HAHAHA!! LMAO!! That drives me nuts worse than spelling mistakes.. I hate trying to figure out who wrote what!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Congress, Give Trump His Border Money [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. I never said spelling was my thing. In fact I have mentioned several times I can't spell for shit.
2. Who gives a shit?
4. Go fuck yourself!

Pretty sure I spelled everything correctly in this post just for you. Especially #4. ;o)
I thought about using a forum quote block incorrectly, just for funsies, but I refrained :)

HAHAHA!! LMAO!! That drives me nuts worse than spelling mistakes.. I hate trying to figure out who wrote what!!!

I'm not sure what you mean?

Quote Reply
Re: Congress, Give Trump His Border Money [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im not sure you are asking seriously...anyway He is referring to the fact that I gave gphin (see dont know how to spell the name or want to look it up) a hard time about not using the quote function the correct way and correctly pointing out that I may be a bit hypocritical given that i told someone to go fuck themselves over my spelling mistakes.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
spudone wrote:
what do you mean?
orphious wrote:
2. Who gives a shit?
4. Go fuck yourself!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Congress, Give Trump His Border Money [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
It's ok, no attack over hypocrisy - spelling mistakes are easier to follow. I was just going for a laugh :)

Sucksess! :o)
Quote Reply
Re: Congress, Give Trump His Border Money [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
orphious wrote:
Interesting... NY Times calling on Congress to work with Trump about the crisis at the boarder:

https://www.nytimes.com/...-crisis-funding.html

No, it’s not interesting at all. There has never been a problem funding border security. There has always been a problem wasting it on a wall. Hence, the very first line in the article: No, it’s not for building the wall.

Actually, we have been building bigger and stronger fences/barriers/walls for some time. I was there in Southern California when the first fences were built between San Ysidro and Tijuana, a bunch of steel plates meshed together. Later it became a different style of steel bars mixed with steel plates, trending stronger and higher with new features (curved sections and anti-cutting sections) as the barriers adapted to what the smugglers were doing to overcome the barriers.

Walls are not a waste, they give the Border Patrol a break as the walls prevent mass banzai runs of hundreds of illegals all running helter skelter across the border. Been there and done that, it is not as much fun as it sounds. Too many agents have been hurt by those illegals, plus they are used as cover for narcotics smuggling.

I think you just explained why most of the money sent to the border should NOT be used for a wall. It's a boondoggle.

So protecting Border Patrol officers is a boondoggle? So making it harder for drug smugglers is a boondoggle? No wonder this country is heading into the toilet with that kind of thinking.
Quote Reply
Re: Congress, Give Trump His Border Money [vecchia capra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
orphious wrote:
Interesting... NY Times calling on Congress to work with Trump about the crisis at the boarder:

No, it’s not interesting at all. There has never been a problem funding border security. There has always been a problem wasting it on a wall. Hence, the very first line in the article: No, it’s not for building the wall.

Actually, we have been building bigger and stronger fences/barriers/walls for some time. I was there in Southern California when the first fences were built between San Ysidro and Tijuana, a bunch of steel plates meshed together. Later it became a different style of steel bars mixed with steel plates, trending stronger and higher with new features (curved sections and anti-cutting sections) as the barriers adapted to what the smugglers were doing to overcome the barriers.

Walls are not a waste, they give the Border Patrol a break as the walls prevent mass banzai runs of hundreds of illegals all running helter skelter across the border. Been there and done that, it is not as much fun as it sounds. Too many agents have been hurt by those illegals, plus they are used as cover for narcotics smuggling.

I think you just explained why most of the money sent to the border should NOT be used for a wall. It's a boondoggle.

So protecting Border Patrol officers is a boondoggle? So making it harder for drug smugglers is a boondoggle? No wonder this country is heading into the toilet with that kind of thinking.

You know what else is causing this country to head into the toilet? Twisting other's words to fit one's preconceived ideas. Sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
orphious wrote:

You know what else is causing this country to head into the toilet? Twisting other's words to fit one's preconceived ideas. Sad.

Now you've gone full goose bozo because you have no idea what its like on the border and there is no way I twisted the word boondoggle into "one's preconceived ideas" Somebody needs to reboot your mind because if it were a computer I would think your operating system is askew.

Maybe if one of your neighbors threw a rock and hit you on the head, took pot shots at you with a rifle, or assaulted you as you mowed the lawn you would understand what it is like to work on the border. I have been assaulted, shot at, and seen a lot worse when I worked on the border, and my job was not nearly as dangerous as the Border Patrol job is.
Quote Reply
Re: Congress, Give Trump His Border Money [vecchia capra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
orphious wrote:

Now you've gone full goose bozo because you have no idea what its like on the border and there is no way I twisted the word boondoggle into "one's preconceived ideas" Somebody needs to reboot your mind because if it were a computer I would think your operating system is askew.

Maybe if one of your neighbors threw a rock and hit you on the head, took pot shots at you with a rifle, or assaulted you as you mowed the lawn you would understand what it is like to work on the border. I have been assaulted, shot at, and seen a lot worse when I worked on the border, and my job was not nearly as dangerous as the Border Patrol job is.

Get off your high horse and show me one iota of evidence I said I didn't want our borders to be protected. Save your time. I said spending money on a wall is waste. As has been proven by every dollar we spent on the current walls. Hey, at least it keeps the honest migrants out, amirite?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
orphious wrote:

Get off your high horse and show me one iota of evidence I said I didn't want our borders to be protected. Save your time. I said spending money on a wall is waste. As has been proven by every dollar we spent on the current walls. Hey, at least it keeps the honest migrants out, amirite?

It wasn't a waste here:

Quote Reply
Re: Congress, Give Trump His Border Money [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
orphious wrote:

It wasn't a waste here:

Propoganda funded by the Heritage Foundation?

One of the largest selling points of that ad was the drop in crime rate. You know what other area had a similar drop in crime rate over the same period of time? ALL OF THEM. Yes, that's right. After the initial drop, the entire US had the same crime tracking as did San Diego after the wall was built.

https://www.sandag.org/...ionid_2020_20533.pdf

I'm not surprised the ad forgot to mention this as well.

"Operation Gatekeeper was also targeted specifically to San Diego starting in 1994, which involved more agents and technology “concentrated in specific areas.” It included 200 more agents to guard 14 miles of border south of San Diego.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im not sure you are asking seriously

I should have used pink.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
getcereal wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
orphious wrote:

It wasn't a waste here:

Propoganda funded by the Heritage Foundation?

One of the largest selling points of that ad was the drop in crime rate. You know what other area had a similar drop in crime rate over the same period of time? ALL OF THEM. Yes, that's right. After the initial drop, the entire US had the same crime tracking as did San Diego after the wall was built.

https://www.sandag.org/...ionid_2020_20533.pdf

I'm not surprised the ad forgot to mention this as well.

"Operation Gatekeeper was also targeted specifically to San Diego starting in 1994, which involved more agents and technology “concentrated in specific areas.” It included 200 more agents to guard 14 miles of border south of San Diego.

More propaganda- this time by ABC news (they're so anti-immigrant) and some racist Border Patrol agent that works the line daily.

But in really it doesn't matter how many cameras and tall walls and fences you build, when you get caught all you have to do is claim political asylum and you will get released into the US.
The Border Patrol (the welcoming crew) is dealing with such a huge mass of immigrants flooding in, they don't have the time to properly monitor the border anymore. Of course this is great for the drug cartels.

The new norm- Thanks Democrats!

Feds released 168,000 illegal immigrant family members into communities
"April set new records, with the Border Patrol nabbing more than 58,000 illegal immigrants traveling as families in that month alone.That was part of more than 109,000 illegal immigrants nabbed border wide, including at or between the ports of entry."
https://www.washingtontimes.com/...rant-family-members/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:

It wasn't a waste here:

Fences (that's the proper term) work in some places, particularly places near road infrastructure. A fence slows down an illegal crosser enough to assist Border Patrol in human interdiction.

They don't make much sense in remote areas, which accounts for a huge % of the border. Crossing a desert with no roads already delays crossers hugely. Delaying them by another 3 minutes when it already takes, say, 30 hours to cross a desert just makes no sense.

It's a systems engineering problem. The problem is that "the wall" has been politicized as a symbol for a larger ideological fight, and no longer really has much to do with actual border security.
Quote Reply
Re: Congress, Give Trump His Border Money [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
getcereal wrote:

It wasn't a waste here:

Fences (that's the proper term) work in some places, particularly places near road infrastructure. A fence slows down an illegal crosser enough to assist Border Patrol in human interdiction.

They don't make much sense in remote areas, which accounts for a huge % of the border. Crossing a desert with no roads already delays crossers hugely. Delaying them by another 3 minutes when it already takes, say, 30 hours to cross a desert just makes no sense.

It's a systems engineering problem. The problem is that "the wall" has been politicized as a symbol for a larger ideological fight, and no longer really has much to do with actual border security.

Nice spin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Nice spin

I'd have though that's the one part you'd agree with wholeheartedly, that discussion of "the wall" is not really about border security, but is really about being pro-Trump or anti-Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
getcereal wrote:

Nice spin

I'd have though that's the one part you'd agree with wholeheartedly, that discussion of "the wall" is not really about border security, but is really about being pro-Trump or anti-Trump.

The fence is a great tool, and is a must to keep control of our border. But with the loophole law the tool/fence is mute point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:

The fence is a great tool, and is a must to keep control of our border. But with the loophole law the tool/fence is mute point.

Fencing is a tool. I don't know what you mean by "the fence." I'm not sure what the loophole law is that you're referring to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
getcereal wrote:

Fencing is a tool. I don't know what you mean by "the fence." I'm not sure what the loophole law is that you're referring to.

The Fence- watch the video a few post back. Loophole- Crossing our border and than claim political asylum read the article linked too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
getcereal wrote:

It wasn't a waste here:

Everyone knew the wall was stupid from the beginning, even trump. That is why he said Mexico would pay for it, because if not everyone would be like, "how are we going to pay for the stupid thing?" If it was a good idea, he wouldn't need to say Mexico would pay for it. He didn't say how anything else was going to be paid for, because they were not as dumb. They only way to cheer for the wall is if someone else was going to pay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
orphious wrote:

Not a waste, it cut down the injuries to officers and the number of assaults against officers in San Diego County as soon as they went up. Didn't stop the illegal problem totally, just reduced the flow from a fire hose to something that the Border Patrol could deal with. It drove most of the problems to areas without fencing/walls, first to the Calexico area and then into Arizona and New Mexico. Again, having a physical barrier is needed, is not a waste and makes as much sense as having a fence protecting your yard from stray dogs and kids trying to get into your pool. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (I work with then these days), to see how having a physical barrier can reduce the throughput of people crossing the border illegally. It certainly seems to be beyond your capability.
Quote Reply

Prev Next