Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM/Quarq crankset with Shimano Drivetrain
Quote | Reply
I would like to hear about experiences mixing sram cranksets with current version mechanical shimano drivetrains (dura-ace 9100, ultegra R8000, 105 R7000). Is there a noticable difference? Is it bad?

I will be buying a new bike for the first time in a while and shimano ultegra or 105 are the most likely options.

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM/Quarq crankset with Shimano Drivetrain [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely fine on my Road bike (Ultegra 11sp / dfour91) - but this is with shimano ultegra chainrings . Also have same setup on the TT bike and that's been fine (ultegra 10sp, and 11sp ultegra / DA chainrings on Quarq). I even use that same quarq on my 9sp ultegra trainer road bike and that's ok, but the front ring shifting is a bit rough, but then that's expected as it's a mix of 9sp chain, ancient front mech, 11sp rings and flexy as a paper alu frame.

Then one thing I didn't like was SRAM chainring on a previous s975 quarq. But that was as the ring pringled after 2 months and then I bent a tooth, so that was what prompted the original change to shimano rings.

On my MTB I sorted a lot of the shifting problems with the SRAM drivetrain by swapping to shimano chain and cassette.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I Just installed a Quarq Dfour91 on my P2 which has everything 105 (except for the FSA crankset). I upgraded to Dura-Ace Chainrings because I think it looks better. But it should be plug and play with 105, Ultegra, and DA.

Everything shifts and works nicely so far.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM/Quarq crankset with Shimano Drivetrain [ruckustrx11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 4 sram/specialized w/sram chainring quarqs mixed with 9000m/9100m/8000di2/91000di2 and have had no issues with any of them.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM/Quarq crankset with Shimano Drivetrain [ntnyln] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ntnyln wrote:
I have 4 sram/specialized w/sram chainring quarqs mixed with 9000m/9100m/8000di2/91000di2 and have had no issues with any of them.
Cool, thanks. I neglected to note in my original post that I'm specifically interested in a dzero with SRAM chainrings compatibility with a shimano drive train!

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got SRAM TT chainrings on a Quarq with complete Shimano drivetrain on my TT bike...never any issues. Have Praxis chainrings on a Quarq with complete Shimano drivetrain on my road bike...never had any issues. Have WickWerks chainrings on a Quarq with complete Shimano drivetrain on my CX bike...never any issues.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcdoublee wrote:
ntnyln wrote:

Cool, thanks. I neglected to note in my original post that I'm specifically interested in a dzero with SRAM chainrings compatibility with a shimano drive train!

I have Elsa's, Specialized and DFour91's and they all work great. You will have no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM/Quarq crankset with Shimano Drivetrain [ntnyln] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all! Sounds like the extra $$ for a DFour and shimano chainrings is not needed and that is great because I don't really like the aesthetics of the shimano cranksets anyway!

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply