Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tell me about nike zoom pegasis 35 turbo
Quote | Reply
How does it compare to the 4%. Looking for a marathon shoe. The 4% is super fast, but I find it terrible when cornering, sprained ankle waiting to happen, and the heel area is super small. ( if I take out the thin insole it comes with and put in my own insole, then my foot would sit too high in the ankle area and not be secure). Any thoughts on these shoes from people who have also tried the 4%?
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about nike zoom pegasis 35 turbo [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only comparison between the Vapor Fly 4% and the Pegasus Turbo is the pbax midsole. The Vapor Fly 4% uses only pbax and the carbon plate in the midsole. The Pegasus Turbo uses Pbax and React foam at roughly a 50-50 mix. The pbax foam gives both shoes a snap that regular foam just can’t do. The react foam gives the Pegasus Turbo some substance under your foot and a great deal more resiliency which will translate to durability. You have to give the shoes a run to determine for yourself but I see both shoes on marathon courses around the world which just means they both work. The Pegasus Turbo will accept your insole much better since the insole you are taking out is a more standard running shoe insole.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pegasus turbo doesn't last. The sole of the shoe starts to peel away from the quarter of the shoe with less than 100 miles. I wouldn't recommend them for training and racing, maybe just a racing shoe. I've returned 2 pairs under warranty.

Other than that issue it's a comfortable, fast and supportive shoe that I was able to run long distance in without any pain or issues.
Last edited by: Blizzard: May 6, 19 11:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Afg53 wrote:
How does it compare to the 4%. Looking for a marathon shoe. The 4% is super fast, but I find it terrible when cornering, sprained ankle waiting to happen, and the heel area is super small. ( if I take out the thin insole it comes with and put in my own insole, then my foot would sit too high in the ankle area and not be secure). Any thoughts on these shoes from people who have also tried the 4%?

I have both pairs and Pegasus is not even close to 4%.
Just buy 4% and you should be good to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about nike zoom pegasis 35 turbo [Blizzard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have heard that from a couple people. I think it’s a random quality issue Nike is experiencing. My pair has probably close to 700 miles on it with no issues. I have a buddy who has 4 pairs and hasn’t had that problem but again I’ve heard that problem from others.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about nike zoom pegasis 35 turbo [Blizzard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must be a random quality issue. I'm 195 lbs and put 250 miles on them so far and they look like I've put less than 100 on them.

They feel faster than most shoes I've tried but aren't like the 4%. To me, 6:15/mi in the 4% feels like 6:25/mi in the Turbo.

I prefer the React foam to ZoomX without the plate. React Odyssey has been very comfortable as my high-mileage shoe, almost like the Ultraboost but at a far lower weight. So for my next tempo trainer I got a pair of Zoom Fly FK instead of another pair of Turbos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have probably 400 miles on my Turbos and they are probably the most comfortable running shoe i have owned. To me, the Turbo is way more comfortable than the 4%. Great energy return and durability for me.
Quote Reply