Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Old School
Quote | Reply
Back in the late 80's and early 90's I raced a little tri on a Klein Quantam w/ Scott Clip Ons's DA 7sp and a 28 h "aero" front wheel. I sold that bike to a buddy and he cleaned it up a little and has ridden it a good bit. The other day we were in his garage after skiing and I saw the old red bike. Remember the upside down Porshe on top of a Quantam poster? That was the model... Anyway, I asked if I could ride it and he said yes. I got out one time before cold and snow closed in for the year. It was a good ride, I now ride a Cannondale Tri bike and missed my forward position but all in the bike rode great and was not much slower than my current ride. The ride brought back alot of old memories. I had sold it to buy some road race wheels that I rode and raced to hell and back. I know I needed the cash at the time but wished I had kept the old bike. The memories that ride brought back were priceless. I called friends after that ride that I had not talked to in years. Told them I had a good ride and had thought of them. Talked about our current rides, races, bikes, loves ect... caught up on our lives and agrred not to let be so long before we talked again. It's not about the bike but it is about our friends and the rides and times we shared and sometimes a bike is a big part of that.

Bryin
Quote Reply
Re: Old School [bryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darn, I thought this topic was going to be about streaking through the quad, down to the gymnasium....