Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why should I choose vector 3 pedals over Favero assiomo? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DCR calculated battery life. It's like a zillion years.
Quote Reply
Re: Why should I choose vector 3 pedals over Favero assiomo? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not as analytically anal,,, but my gut feel tells me that if I don't do a couple good stomps, after changing bikes, my vectors are off a bit too. I'd bet it's closer to 15-20%.

I always feel my second ride with the vectors is spot on, the first is suspect unless I really do some good sprints beforehand, or ride for 5-10 mins before calibrating again.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!
Quote Reply
Re: Why should I choose vector 3 pedals over Favero assiomo? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
DCR calculated battery life. It's like a zillion years.

Yep.

From Favero: "...designed and tested a system that can assure 500 complete recharges (more than 25,000 hours of use!).
And, even after that many recharge cycles, the battery capacity is reduced by only 20%."

That's their word though. I've had a pair on the bike for over a year, no battery life issues I notice.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Why should I choose vector 3 pedals over Favero assiomo? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm very happy with my Favero Duos, but one thing to know is that they can act a bit strange when they are connected over Bluetooth. More often than not, when you have stopped pedaling the power won't go down to zero. It'll stay at some random power number between zero and what you were doing right before you stopped. No issues at all if you use ANT+. There's a whole thread about this on the Trainerroad forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Why should I choose vector 3 pedals over Favero assiomo? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
The Favero’s are at least $150 cheaper. I can’t see the advantage of the vector 3 pedals. Tell me what I’m missing.

I'm now in my third season on my powertap P1 pedals. They have been great and hassle free. That said, when/if they die, I'll likely get the Favero's based on everything I've read.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Why should I choose vector 3 pedals over Favero assiomo? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been a fan of Quarq and have two on two bikes and PT G3 hub on my road bike. I believe I would go with Favero Duos if any of these 3 fail. I am impressed all around by the Favero PMs. Plus I already use LOOK Keo cleats on all my bikes so there is not a struggle to switch. I know the Speedplay guys and gals have a big life decision moment when it comes to the power meter pedals. I would too to be honest. It seems like 100% of my roadie friends use Speedplay pedals.

Just hope my older PMs hang in there so I don't have to make this choice. If I did the Favero is looking good.
Quote Reply
Re: Why should I choose vector 3 pedals over Favero assiomo? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. That's interesting. You are correct, I don't have a second PM to compare to. And I doubt I'd notice a 5-15w difference in the beginning just going off RPE, especially since at that point I'm probably still getting warmed up. Of course, now you are going to have me thinking about it!
Quote Reply
Re: Why should I choose vector 3 pedals over Favero assiomo? [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
Of course, now you are going to have me thinking about it!

Just don't overthink it. ;) A few hard stomps, sprints, zero them again 10mins into a warm up. Then forget about it and enjoy the ride. :)

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next