Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mideast/Southeast Region Races Your Attending
Quote | Reply
I am curious about how people are setting up some of their seasons in these regions. I procrastinated registering and now I am feeling lost. I have a goal of trying my first 70.3 towards the end of the season around Sept early October, but would like to fill out my summer to ramping up and participating in more smaller races during the summer to get race specific experience and just to have fun. It would be cool to try and target any events that may have a larger than usual appearance of slow twitchers. I know some are doing Savageman Sept 14 which seems like a unique race.

I live in Raleigh and know there are a lot of springs and stuff around during this time frame that I think would be ideal to take advantage of since they are close and cheap so ideally I would like to do 2-3 sprints, a couple of Olys if possible, and peak at a 70.3. If you don't have any particular races in mind, how do you think you would sign up for these so that you were to take advantage of the accumulated fitness for each race? A sprint each month during the summer with an Oly late july to mid August and then the 70.3 mid Sept/October range? Also, can anyone recommend some cheaper options of races they think are run really well?

One race I really wanted to do again was the Carolina Double Sprint, but I have to do the Grandfather Mountain marathon again with a friend of mine on the same date :-/

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply