Login required to started new threads
Login required to post replies
Christian, Dad, Nurse, Professional Triathlete
-TriRig, DT Swiss, Epix Gear, Team Kattouf, Rooted Gypsy Farms
I just got my hands on a demo set of bars, and excited to try them out, but will have to make some changes to the front end to work on my IA.
Is the custom mount from Morf tech readily available?
The bottle is indeed a little wider than ideal - the bars don't quiet fold all the way. I made two modifications to get the fit as good as possible, both of which required dremelling the removable top portion of the aeria bottle.
1) I run my armcups at the lowest and narrowest position, and at an angle. I needed to Dremel out a little channel in the bottle top so I could get the cups to fit. Very minor.
2) The arms of the morf bar hit the top, preventing them from closing all the way. I had to remove a good chunk of plastic from the bottom of the aeria top (the entire section the "clips" onto the actual bottle, from the notch angled back and down). The top thus no longer clips onto the bottle but is still screwed onto the front so it's not going anywhere, and my arm cups, slotted in ad they are, also serve to anchor the top.
The bars still don't close quiet all the way, though it's pretty close. At this point the limiting factor is the bottle itself, which I'm not going to take the Dremel to for obvious reasons.
Of note: I run my bars angled up about 20*. If you run them flat, I think there should be enough room for the bars to fold all the way, since the bottle narrows below the cap. As you're below the cap, routing out a channel isn't feasible since you're on the bottle itself, but probably not necessary.
Overall I'm happy with it. Last year I ran a jerry-rigged stem mount for a Torhans Aero30. It was not ideal. This is a lot cleaner.
Can post pics if anyone want to see.
Overhead view showing the bars in the closed position:
Side view showing the dremel work:
Front view showing how the bottle narrows below where my extensions are:
Side view showing the angle of my extensions: