Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CVS/ Good RX commercial
Quote | Reply
I find it so sad that it’s such a normal part of our society that a mom can’t afford medicine for her kids that there is now a commercial to address it.

Curious others thoughts on advertising an app that helps you find coupons for basic medicine your kids need in case you can’t afford it. On a major network during prime time.

https://www.ispot.tv/...-son-needs-this-drug
Last edited by: Moonrocket: Apr 30, 19 19:32
Quote Reply
Re: CVS/ Good RX commercial [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
I find it so sad that it’s such a normal part of our society that a mom can’t afford medicine for her kids that there is now a commercial to address it.

Curious others thoughts on advertising an app that helps you find coupons for basic medicine your kids need in case you can’t afford it. On a major network during prime time.

There selling a service, to make money. Don't try and read to much politics into it, Its a tv commercial to get you to use there service.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here’s an idea...

Can’t afford a $67 prescription then don’t have 2 kids!!!!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: CVS/ Good RX commercial [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Here’s an idea...

Can’t afford a $67 prescription then don’t have 2 kids!!!!
Oh shit, I am laughing because I have said the same however, the price of some drugs is outrageous no matter who needs to take them.

Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:

There selling a service, to make money. Don't try and read to much politics into it, Its a tv commercial to get you to use there service.

Shit, now I’m worried about healthcare and education...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The two worst commercials on tv right now are:

1) the one for Amazon Echo https://www.ispot.tv/...echo-soccer-practice
Yeh, you care so much about your daughter that you were listening to a FUCKING AUDIO BOOK instead of being at her soccer game.

2) And the one for Amazon https://www.ispot.tv/...ong-by-freddie-scott
Ummm, tell your kids what to wear, not the other way around.
Quote Reply
Re: CVS/ Good RX commercial [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:

Yeh, you care so much about your daughter that you were listening to a FUCKING AUDIO BOOK instead of being at her soccer game.

I'm in!

If a kid can't play a good game and enjoy it without a parent to watch, something's wrong. There, I said it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:

Uhm, maybe the game was in another city, and happened while mom was at work. Mom got home made dinner, sat down to her audio book, waiting for the team bus to get the kids back home.

You clearly don't have kids that play sports. I attend most of my kids games, but there are lots of reasons why I have missed a few and waited at home to hear how it went (usually the kids text updates, but still like to talk to them when they get home).

If you think to be a good parent you have to attend every game, every kid you have is in. Don't have kids within 4 yrs or more of each other, better yet, if you have kids don't let them get involved cause you will miss some games.

after reading your post, I had to watch the commercial, your read made it sound like the mom was there just listening to a book instead of paying attention. Which is not the case at all, mom was waiting for her kid to get back from a game, and was listening to audio book, till she arrived.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: CVS/ Good RX commercial [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

I'm in!

If a kid can't play a good game and enjoy it without a parent to watch, something's wrong. There, I said it.

I agree! My parents didn’t come to most meets I was in. I don’t really remember any parents at away high school meets/ games. Yes they trekked out for all of the State Championship meets and I think even County meets - but a normal high school or USS meet- nope. I played three sports in HS and this was pretty consistent across sports. I went on to play two sports at a D1 school and I think they came to one college meet a year and did not see me play water polo til my senior year. I wasn’t doing it for them so it wasn’t a big deal. Granted most of us were latch key kids too so parental involvement was a little different.

Now if I had died because they could not afford my medicine I might have a problem with their parenting :-).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remember the GMC commercial that came out around Christmas? The one where the wife enters the palatial kitchen and presents his & hers watches (black for him and red for her) to her husband as a gift for both of them. He then takes her outside of their large and clearly pricey house and presents his & hers giant fucking SUV's as gifts - one red, one black. Without even saying "thank you", she runs out and claims the black vehicle that was supposed to be his and then gets a super bitchy tone in her voice when he starts to suggest that the red one was intended for her - and he gives in like a giant pussy. Clearly intended for the uber rich douche demographic.

I hated those people and that ad so much that I changed the channel whenever it came on.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:

https://www.ispot.tv/...-son-needs-this-drug

I find it sad that trouble affording drugs for children is a reality in our country. I find sad that as part of our health care universe, a bunch of people make a lot of money within it who do not directly provide care. The producers of the commercial, the actors in the commercial, the developers of the app that take advantage of the byzantine world of drug development, production, distribution and subsequent sale via wholesalers, retailers, clinics, hospitals....the list of people whose livelihood is dependent on healthcare goes on forever.

That health care is an industry for profit for all players and that the all players population grows in numbers with each day provides a self fulfilling prophecy to growth in cost to deliver care.
Quote Reply
Re: CVS/ Good RX commercial [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

Uhm, maybe the game was in another city, and happened while mom was at work. Mom got home made dinner, sat down to her audio book, waiting for the team bus to get the kids back home.

You clearly don't have kids that play sports. I attend most of my kids games, but there are lots of reasons why I have missed a few and waited at home to hear how it went (usually the kids text updates, but still like to talk to them when they get home).

If you think to be a good parent you have to attend every game, every kid you have is in. Don't have kids within 4 yrs or more of each other, better yet, if you have kids don't let them get involved cause you will miss some games.

after reading your post, I had to watch the commercial, your read made it sound like the mom was there just listening to a book instead of paying attention. Which is not the case at all, mom was waiting for her kid to get back from a game, and was listening to audio book, till she arrived.

I have 3 kids who did sports, including one who was in the junior olympics. I didn't miss games. Not even ones across the country. I understand that I work for myself and not everyone has that luxury, but that's not the context of the commercial because............................. If we want to nitpick the details of the commercial, the girl still had her cleats on when she got home so I'll assume the game was local and just over. She coulda been there. Dad too (what's he doing in the background anyway?).

So I THINK the commercial sucks. And I think you shoulda been at your kid's game instead of listening to an audio book at home. If it was work or something else then maybe that's different. But that's not the setting of this commercial.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
kiki wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

I'm in!

I agree! My parents didn’t come to most meets I was in. I don’t really remember any parents at away high school meets/ games. Yes they trekked out for all of the State Championship meets and I think even County meets - but a normal high school or USS meet- nope. I played three sports in HS and this was pretty consistent across sports. I went on to play two sports at a D1 school and I think they came to one college meet a year and did not see me play water polo til my senior year. I wasn’t doing it for them so it wasn’t a big deal. Granted most of us were latch key kids too so parental involvement was a little different.

Now if I had died because they could not afford my medicine I might have a problem with their parenting :-).

I had a parent at almost every game I ever played (as did my sibling) from little kid and especially HS games. Year round competition and a lot of us played multiple sports together so the moms created a mom's club. They sent us care packages in college and still meet for dinnet a couple of times a year over 20 years later. And they weren't all stay at home moms or dads and some were single parents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:

I disagree. I think that Kraft foods is vying for worst (parenting) commercials. They have one where a mom is chasing her daughter through the house saying "You have to take one more bite of (whatever food)". Then it switches to the girl sitting calmly at the table eating Mac and Cheese. Another one has two kids in the back of the car fussing and aggravating each other. Instead of the mom telling them to be quiet, she gives them food to silence them.
Quote Reply
Re: CVS/ Good RX commercial [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

I disagree. I think that Kraft foods is vying for worst (parenting) commercials. They have one where a mom is chasing her daughter through the house saying "You have to take one more bite of (whatever food)". Then it switches to the girl sitting calmly at the table eating Mac and Cheese. Another one has two kids in the back of the car fussing and aggravating each other. Instead of the mom telling them to be quiet, she gives them food to silence them.

That one bugs the ---- out of me. You eat what your given, if you don't you go to bed and eat it for breakfast.
Last edited by: ripple: May 1, 19 9:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

I have 3 kids who did sports, including one who was in the junior olympics. I didn't miss games. Not even ones across the country. I understand that I work for myself and not everyone has that luxury, but that's not the context of the commercial because............................. If we want to nitpick the details of the commercial, the girl still had her cleats on when she got home so I'll assume the game was local and just over. She coulda been there. Dad too (what's he doing in the background anyway?).

So I THINK the commercial sucks. And I think you shoulda been at your kid's game instead of listening to an audio book at home. If it was work or something else then maybe that's different. But that's not the setting of this commercial.

The setting of the commercial is clearly after the game. You have no clue what mom was doing during the game... You need to chill a bit more.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: CVS/ Good RX commercial [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:
kiki wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

I'm in!

I had a parent at almost every game I ever played (as did my sibling) from little kid and especially HS games. Year round competition and a lot of us played multiple sports together so the moms created a mom's club. They sent us care packages in college and still meet for dinnet a couple of times a year over 20 years later. And they weren't all stay at home moms or dads and some were single parents.

Yeah but they never taught you basic home care, or took you fishing.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
windywave wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:
kiki wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

I'm in!

Yeah but they never taught you basic home care, or took you fishing.

What's your point? I never wanted for a thing including love and attention
Quote Reply
Re: CVS/ Good RX commercial [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

How have these kids managed for years to play games without parents there to judge/validate/criticize/cheer/yell at the refs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

The setting of the commercial is clearly after the game. You have no clue what mom was doing during the game... You need to chill a bit more.

You're just mad because I'm a better parent than you are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

If you somehow think attending your kids sporting event makes you a good parent.....

Oh and I suck at as a Parent, all 3 of my kids have issues. None of them send Mothers / Fathers day birthday, parents anniversary well wishes and many more issues. So being a better parent than me, is like being a better leader than Stalin not really saying much.

Just Triing
Last edited by: DavHamm: May 1, 19 18:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

If you somehow think attending your kids sporting event makes you a good parent.....

Oh and I suck at as a Parent, all 3 of my kids have issues. None of them send Mothers / Fathers day birthday, parents anniversary well wishes and many more issues. So being a better parent than me, is like being a better leader than Stalin not really saying much.

It was a joke. Take your own advice. Chill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:

It was a joke. Take your own advice. Chill.

Sometimes Sarcasm and self deprecating humor doesn't work well over the internet. ;)

Good parents, leave there kids with issues, I mean they need some reason to blame you later when they grow up and hate their lives.

Just Triing
Quote Reply