Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%?
Quote | Reply
With the seamless upper on this shoe I've found that my quick tie laces did not work, it would bunch up the front of the shoe and the fit of the shoe would start to feel terrible a few miles into the run. I've seen different laces and want to know what you guys use. If you have a link to where you got them that would be a huge help! Thanks.

Strava:https://www.strava.com/athletes/20890878
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [SpeedOfCourse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xpand No Tie Shoelaces System with Elastic Laces - One Size Fits All Adult and Kids Shoes (Black) https://www.amazon.com/..._api_i_ujiYCbDYDZVRE

These work great in my 4%.
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [SpeedOfCourse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of xtenex laces for them, but haven't put them on yet. Anyone try these laces on the 4%?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Nathan run laces, which are like the standard, old school elastic laces. No bunching - just depends how you insert them and how tight they are throughout the upper. Done a 5k and a half iron in them.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the important thing is that you choose flat laces. The tongue is super thin and if there is too much pressure it can irritate the top of the foot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use lock laces last year but I think I am just going to buy a roll of braided elastic this year. Much cheaper and I will never run out so if I have to take them out I won't feel bad throwing them away.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lock Laces- no issues for me so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone running in the Nice 4% without socks?
If so how is it, any bad seams?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lock laces here also. The eyelets are tight, so I found it easiest to push in the new laces while pushing out the old ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bifff wrote:
Anyone running in the Nice 4% without socks?
If so how is it, any bad seams?

Not really seams, but I do get rubbing that takes off skin after a few miles. For a sprint I just deal with it, but in a 70.3 or longer I would want socks.
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [mike_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have the 4% but i use silicone laces in multiple shoes. Tie them once, cut off the excess and never have to adjust ever again. They are stretchy so you just pop into your shoes and run. The laces are not round but square. You can adjust pressure by how tight you tie them. €10 for a pair at Decathlon (french company with stores all over europe).

https://www.decathlon.nl/...-X8522022?mc=8522022
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With low cut socks the upper digs in to the side of my foot just below the ankle. It drew blood 1/2 way through a 14 mile test run.

Now when running with low cut socks, I put a piece of tape where the rubbing occurs.

I’m not convinced the tape would survive the swim. I will probably wear higher cut socks for an Oly. Like other poster said I would likely suck it up for a sprint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the locking component from Lock Laces with the laces that came in the Nike 4%'s
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRinSD wrote:
I’m not convinced the tape would survive the swim. I will probably wear higher cut socks for an Oly. Like other poster said I would likely suck it up for a sprint.

Use this stuff prior to putting your tape on
https://www.cvs.com/...n-35oz-prodid-538837
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 4% stretch quite a bit have you tried body glide and then just trying to slide them on. I can get mine on without tying them.
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hadn’t thought of a spray adhesive. Good suggestion!
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow this thread is packed with good info, thanks everyone!

Strava:https://www.strava.com/athletes/20890878
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly I found them to be some of the better shoes I've ever worn for a 10k. No issues here and my friend who has them says the same. Just a little vaseline around the lip and on the sole to help my foot go in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same. I bought higher cut socks and issue solved
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with socks on, you can probably leave them pre-tied and just slide them on - rather than use elastic laces,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the great info on the laces. Sock-less I've had issues with the heel padding suede type material, started bleeding after 10k of my first test run with them, anyone found a workaround ? or should I just use socks ?
Quote Reply
Re: Which quick tie tri laces did you use with your Nike 4%? [henritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greeper laces for me. Real laces (not stretchy) and super quick to tighten - seem like the perfect set up for 4%s if you are not happy with leaving the default laces tied and just forcing your foot in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello SpeedOfCourse and All,

Nathan Brand has some different kinds of lace locks .... this one has a big hole to put the laces through and comes in different colors .... so if you use flat non elastic laces that you have already cut the ends off .... you can still get them through the hole.

It comes with the round elastic laces shown here but I like flat non elastic laces ....

The fastner grips very tight and it seem to work well.

https://www.amazon.com/...ndustrial&sr=8-1

Also sold at Dick's for $9.99.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply