Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

18 year old high schooler....9.98* 100!
Quote | Reply
Impressive 100 and 200....

https://www.cbsnews.com/...MqoX-eK14u2wEC4e8nAQ

""New PR and 100m high school record all conditions, 9.98," he wrote. The tweet received more than 11,000 retweets and several people responded with the hashtag #WhiteLightning.
The Houston Chronicle reported that a 4.2 mph wind means Boling's time will not officially count as a national record but it shattered Jesuit College Prep's school record. "
Quote Reply
Re: 18 year old high schooler....9.98* 100! [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His dad seemed to agree. "I would love to be able to claim that it's genetic – but he just has a work ethic that I've never seen from anybody," Mark Boling said.

Ummmm, no, sorry, dad.....you don't "hard-work" your way to 9.98/100 in high school. But I digress....amazing story!
Quote Reply
Re: 18 year old high schooler....9.98* 100! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn 2nd and 3rd kids are not even close.
Quote Reply
Re: 18 year old high schooler....9.98* 100! [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he had a “slow” start too!
Quote Reply
Re: 18 year old high schooler....9.98* 100! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
And he had a “slow” start too!

Yea; that was what really impressed me. A la the "bolt", accelerated later. It was shocking how he walked away from the halfway point.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he is ridiculously talented. but it's not a school record or any kind of record. it's more than twice the legal wind limit. however...

his legal times are:

26' 3 1/2"

he has also apparently high jumped 6'7". and all of that makes him the best sprinter/jumper to come along in a long, long, long time.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 18 year old high schooler....9.98* 100! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
he is ridiculously talented. but it's not a school record or any kind of record. it's more than twice the legal wind limit. however...

his legal times are:

26' 3 1/2"

he has also apparently high jumped 6'7". and all of that makes him the best sprinter/jumper to come along in a long, long, long time.

Agreed. Hope they mentor him well. The way he pulled away from some pretty good competition was damn impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: 18 year old high schooler....9.98* 100! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
His dad seemed to agree. "I would love to be able to claim that it's genetic – but he just has a work ethic that I've never seen from anybody," Mark Boling said.

Ummmm, no, sorry, dad.....you don't "hard-work" your way to 9.98/100 in high school.
Hard work was likely involved, but it's an awkward humblebrag regardless.
Last edited by: HTupolev: Apr 30, 19 12:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
17 year old here has run 10.30 but may end up playing another sport.

Can run 10.30 but other sports may be more attractive?
Quote Reply