Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If I want to see Endgames but haven't seen any of the Avengers movies....
Quote | Reply
Where do I start and what order do I watch?

Endgames sounds fantastic but I want to know what's going on and rather watch the movies than just skim the basic premise going in.
Quote Reply
Re: If I want to see Endgames but haven't seen any of the Avengers movies.... [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • Iron Man (2008)
  • The Incredible Hulk (2008)
  • Iron Man 2 (2010)
  • Thor (2011)
  • Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  • The Avengers (2012)
  • Iron Man 3 (2013)
  • Thor: The Dark World (2013)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  • Ant-Man (2015)
  • Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
  • Black Panther (2018)
  • Doctor Strange (2016)
  • Captain Marvel (2019)
  • Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  • Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

https://geeks.media/...-universe-mcu-movies

Chronological release versus storyline evolution is the dividing line in how to watch these. Following the storyline chronologically seems to me the best way to go about it.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Apr 29, 19 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: If I want to see Endgames but haven't seen any of the Avengers movies.... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with taking the storyline route versus the movies coming out. Didn't realize so many movies were involved. This is going to take awhile...
Quote Reply
Re: If I want to see Endgames but haven't seen any of the Avengers movies.... [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately you have maybe a day or two before someone spoils End Game for you, so you might want to take the next few days off and hole up in the basement with your laptop and get going.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: If I want to see Endgames but haven't seen any of the Avengers movies.... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really enjoy going to theaters to see movies, and prefer to catch them when they come to DVD. So, I imagine I'll read many spoilers before ever watching the movie. I've seen a couple of articles online with "spoiler" in the title, so I've avoided them for now.

IMO - It isn't as bad to me as someone coming on and announcing the winner of a TDF stage first thing in the morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are shor on time you could just watch the four below and get a pretty good gist of what's going on.
  • The Avengers (2012)

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: If I want to see Endgames but haven't seen any of the Avengers movies.... [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would throw in Captain America - Civil War.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your time is limited- stick to the films with Thanos

Guardians 1 (I think the infinity stones are explained here)
Optional -End credit scene of Ultron
Infinity war
The end credits scene of Antman/Wasp
Quote Reply
Re: If I want to see Endgames but haven't seen any of the Avengers movies.... [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr Strange really helped a bunch too.
Quote Reply
Re: If I want to see Endgames but haven't seen any of the Avengers movies.... [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
If you are shor on time you could just watch the four below and get a pretty good gist of what's going on.
  • The Avengers (2012)

• The Avengers (2012)
  • Captain America Civil War

Fixed it for you. You have to watch the last 30 minutes of Captain America.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have time but not bags of it I’d chop the list as follows (I speak as someone who “revised” all of them in the 3 weeks before Endgame was released). But if you have time to watch this many you might as well watch them all TBH.

sphere wrote:
  • Iron Man (2008)
  • Thor (2011)
  • Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  • The Avengers (2012)
  • Thor: The Dark World (2013)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  • Ant-Man (2015)
  • Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
  • Black Panther (2018)
  • Doctor Strange (2016)
  • Captain Marvel (2019)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

Chronological release versus storyline evolution is the dividing line in how to watch these. Following the storyline chronologically seems to me the best way to go about it.

Personally I would watch them in release order, except that I’d watch Ant-Man and the Wasp, then Cap Marvel, before Infinity War. Then go straight into Endgame.
Quote Reply
Re: If I want to see Endgames but haven't seen any of the Avengers movies.... [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I think I'll go with

The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor
Captain America (At least the final 30 minutes)
Avengers: Infinity War
Ant-Man and the Wasp (End credits?)

Thoughts?

Is this the best option with limited time and still getting a good understanding of everything?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're time pressed, I would watch the ones that give you background on the Infinity stones. That means (in order)

- Cap America (last 30 mins)
- Thor 2
- Avengers 1
- Guardians 1
- Avengers 2
- Doc Strange
- Infinity War
- Ant-Man & the Wasp (last 20 mins plus end credits scene)
- Endgame
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Replace Thor with Thor: Ragnarok and you're good.

Also do a quick wiki on Captain Marvel. Unfortunately I don't think its on on video yet, but she is a significant character and you need to understand who she is.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Last edited by: BarryP: Apr 30, 19 7:40
Quote Reply