Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Latex tubes insights [jonmhicks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
19-23.
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tubes insights [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I buy Vittorias and put Silca extenders on them. No special tape, no sealant. But you do want to be a bit more careful pushing the inflator pump head on - I had instances of the tube valve punching through. But that's pretty rare. I do have to pump them every other day and deflate them a bit when I leave the bike at T1 overnight if the weather is hot.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Silca They have good stems removable cores. Put them in a bag of baby powder. Blow them up a little before putting them in tire. Before inflation check tire so u see no pink at all

Then no issues and less punctures than butyl. Usually you know immediately if you do it wrong
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tubes insights [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used the Vitoria latex tubes the past 2 seasons (same pair). They are basically the Silca tubes. I switched to the Silca valve core extenders which have been awesome. I used traditional extenders on my 808 clinchers which were terrible. Get the Silca extenders and it’s super easy to take out the valve core and stick on the extenders. I don’t use any special rim tape just use latex like butyl. No issues through 3 long course races. They lose pressure much faster than butyl but feel a lot smoother and comfortable. I think it’s worth it for racing.

Just have to be a little careful when installing. I carry butyl for my spares simply because it may be easier when rushing during a race. Best of luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same setup as you and I found I liked the 19-23 better

And to the other poster about varying butyl in spare kit, yes always do that. Not because it’s easier but because latex and co2 don’t work good together.
Quote Reply

Prev Next