Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920xt losing HR monitor during workout
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Has anyone noticed any issue after updating their Garmin 920xt firmware to v9.90? After I've done it around 2 weeks ago, I've noticed that my Garmin started to lose the connection with my HR monitor after a few minutes. I've tried to:
  1. change the battery although I replace it with a new one less than 6 months ago
  2. buy a new strap
  3. buy a new HR monitor
  4. reset the device to its default settings
None of those solved the issue unfortunately. Even more strangely, after I reset the device, I haven't been able to pair it with the original HR monitor and looses the new one after just ~10 minutes.

In addition to that, the issue seems to be restricted to the HR monitors. I don't have any such issue with the power meter.

Any idea what could be the issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt losing HR monitor during workout [iamgianluca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Manually delete the firmware and replace it.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt losing HR monitor during workout [iamgianluca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My biggest issue with garmin is only one thing. It’s not my 910 920xt Edge 510 Edge 520 or Vector Peddles (Well the V2’s bug me a bit). No matter what you do these HR monitors will fail. I’m the worst for thinking they will get better and I think I always get a lemon. 6 months no matter what and they are useless. So..... what I finally did was.... I bought the tougher swim Garmin HR monitor. Why? Well it should hold up better because of the chlorine, etc. I used it for the swim for fun but now I just use it for run and bike. Wish me luck I have 2 months to go to break the streak.
Quote Reply