Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA Garmin 945 pre order on amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
Says release is April 30.

Weird, it does say April 30th and shipping via Amazon according to the Amazon listing, and I did hear that it was coming out shortly but it is weird that we haven't seen a review from DcRainmaker under his Garmin section. I mean at a price point of $600 it just seems to be getting absurdly priced anyway. I think they should bring back the 920 at $150 or less. I don't use all the bells and whistles.

Agreed. I was just telling my wife how absurdly priced Garmin gps multisport watches are becoming. So much junk I don't need or use just to charge $600? geez.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA Garmin 945 pre order on amazon [Aaronr312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So according to what DCRainmaker wrote, as a comment on the 5kRunner site, Amazon will not get product for 30 days. Garmin has a new plan to let 'Specialty Retailers' get new products for 30 days before they release to the big boys.

https://the5krunner.com/...ichat/#comment-11693

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA Garmin 945 pre order on amazon [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David_Tris wrote:
So according to what DCRainmaker wrote, as a comment on the 5kRunner site, Amazon will not get product for 30 days. Garmin has a new plan to let 'Specialty Retailers' get new products for 30 days before they release to the big boys.

Maybe, but keep in mind he is pimping powermetercity (which btw is a very good retailer).
So I would not put too much trust in this story (especially given how powerful Amazon is)
Quote Reply
Re: PSA Garmin 945 pre order on amazon [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgutstadt wrote:
David_Tris wrote:

Maybe, but keep in mind he is pimping powermetercity (which btw is a very good retailer).
So I would not put too much trust in this story (especially given how powerful Amazon is)

I don't understand your comment. Are you suggesting that DCR has bias against Amazon because he has advertisements for powermetercity on his page?? You do know he plugs for Amazon on every single review right?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA Garmin 945 pre order on amazon [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Well, my CT 530 pre-order is $269.99 with a $30 discount. No idea if the discount was just their love of me or from the DCR website click-through. It does not say now. I hope to duplicate that Great Success on my 945 pre-order.

Yes sometimes companies find sneaky ways to get around MAP pricing much like Road Runner Sports does with their VIP program so that may be how it is being done there. You should always be able to save at least 5% with the Amazon Prime Visa at a minimum too.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: PSA Garmin 945 pre order on amazon [ngless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ngless wrote:
dgutstadt wrote:
David_Tris wrote:

I don't understand your comment. Are you suggesting that DCR has bias against Amazon because he has advertisements for powermetercity on his page?? You do know he plugs for Amazon on every single review right?

Not DCR. 5krunner said amazon will get it late. And he does promote them with promo code, etc.

To be clear, I have nothing against powermetercity, bought from them a few times and always had a good experience. I'm just questioning this amazon story.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA Garmin 945 pre order on amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
Says release is April 30.

Weird, it does say April 30th and shipping via Amazon according to the Amazon listing, and I did hear that it was coming out shortly but it is weird that we haven't seen a review from DcRainmaker under his Garmin section.

From DCR's blog today:

"7 In-Depth Product Reviews in 7 days. That’s what I’m in the midst of. Typically, I do about one a week, sometimes less. But it’s not just 7 written product reviews, but the detailed product review videos as well – each of which usually takes 4-8 hours to film and edit. In many ways, finishing up these 7 reviews in time for the various embargos...."

I'm guessing his review will be posted tomorrow. Somebody screwed up putting it on Amazon before the embargo date.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Apr 29, 19 11:50
Quote Reply
Re: PSA Garmin 945 pre order on amazon [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like amazon took it down or they are OOS.

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next