Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feedback on 61 Sized Tri Bikes
Quote | Reply
I have now failed on two attempts on used Tri Bikes. I bought a Cervelo P5 (58 size) that didn't fit. I recently acquired a 2017 Trek Speed Concept 9 (XL size). We bought the tallest riser and I still cannot get the fit that I need in the aero position. Prior the buying the Trek, I had narrowed choices down to several brands that come with a stack height of 585 to start on their 61's. This list included QR (PR 5 & PR4), Specialized and Cervelo P2/P3. I am leaning towards the QR as their HQ is 100 miles from my house. Also, with a new bike, I will be assured that I can make the fit work as long as I stay away from the super bikes. I am really not motivated to buy a new rim brake bike from Specialized or Cervelo and have them announce their "new disc brake tri bikes" a month or two after I buy a rim brake version. Appreciate any feedback from anyone that is riding a new QR or has a 61. Also, appreciate the potential feedback on fitter, etc. Learned a lot but I am with a very experienced fitter. Issue is that I am 55 and not very flexible. That adds to my challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on 61 Sized Tri Bikes [dhinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your fit coordinates?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a P3 size 61, and got my bike fit, from Matt at Podium Multisports in Atlanta. I'm 6 foot 1.5" tall, and it rides great for me.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on 61 Sized Tri Bikes [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m 6-2 and ride a XL Speed Concept. I was really never happy with the fit. I also had Matt Cole fit me and now it is so much better. I do however have a homemade spacer that is taller and have stacked the elbow pad bar up a little higher. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have not given you any fit coordinates so a 61 may or may not be the right size.

Unfortunately you have already learned the expensive cost on not having a bike fit and buying used.

So with those two items stated.

You really should go to a bike fitter and get a fit first before buying a bike. This will get your coordinates.

Then go find a bike that fits. Notes you make be making changes to the aerobars to get more stack.

I have had 61 Old P2 / 61 New P2 / New Felt B12 and all 3 fit differently. Crank length over the years changed as did the Aerobar setup.
The Felt Aerobars are on my my new P2, because they have the highest stack available.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply