Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ketotarian???
Quote | Reply
I guess this is the cross between vegetarian and the keto diet. Any body having good success?
I am having the age old problem of finding a healthy way of eating that I can sustain. I was very successful with Whole 30 but too much meat and HIGH cholesterol. Removed the meat and am now vegetarian but, as we all know, not every vegetarian eats healthy. Toyed around with IF and do OK with my meal at dinner but seemed to go to bed on a full stomach and that isn't ideal either. I could move it to lunch-concerned about my self control when I get home from work.
Looking at this combo plan and ordered a book. High plant fats and low carbs? Occas fish?

I am a 60 yo female with a 50 year disordered relationship with food-max weight 240, lowest adult weight 5 years ago 145 on whole 30(not sustainable year round for me). Now somewhere in the middle. S/P 2 ortho surgeries and one coming up in Oct(another hip replacement) so high impact activities are out.

Why is this old lady posting on slowtwitch? "I used to be a contender" Although I am unable to do what I did before, I still enjoy tinkering in 10 ks and the occas half marathon(have done 2 since my hip replacement 4 years ago). Have completed 2 iron distance races -the last in 2012(doesn't seem that long ago). So I still can see that person in my rear view mirror-fading though.
Quote Reply
Re: Ketotarian??? [cayenne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

FWIW, a stint on keto saw me at high-school weight (good) but ultimately I gave up, for a handful of reasons.

never got the clarity that some people rave about.

worse, was my heart rate went crazy high with effort. Maybe because you dump so much water, it plays up with electrolytes/blood pressure. Not good.

also didn't like obsessing over what to eat/grams and the color of the pee sticks.

Now if I want to lose weight (if=always) I don't eat lunch and tons of veg. Not perfect but enough.

Your metabolism might be totally different, so why not try for a month or so? Balancing keto v. vegetarian might be tricky, but if there are guidelines . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Khachaturian? I'm a big fan!

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best advice I have received is to avoid white. BTW get an X-ray of your hips before it's too late. I wish I had at 60.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply