Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mendez Cruz First Ironman? Texas I predict win!
Quote | Reply
Nope i don't really think he can win haha! A few years ago I kinda thought he had some potential but I am losing faith, I wonder how he will fair on Saturday.
Last edited by: Cookiebuilder: Apr 25, 19 20:09
Quote Reply
Re: Mendez Cruz First Ironman? Texas I predict win! [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's still quite young. I believe he did Patagoniman back in the fall. He also swim/biked at IM Cozumel, not sure how far he got on the run: http://eu.ironman.com/...;ps=20#axzz5mCwTBQwP

Think he has a bright future ahead of him once he cracks the IM distance.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Mendez Cruz First Ironman? Texas I predict win! [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced with him in Patagonia, and he demolished that course (full IM, with over 8k of climbing on the bike, and 4k on the run), and he beat the multiple-time Norseman winner by something like 20min. The kid has oodles of talent so he should be someone to watch for sure.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Mendez Cruz First Ironman? Texas I predict win! [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool I was wondering If he had Ironman potential, or even upper level 70.3. I don't really follow him, except when he first started doing less xterra and more ironman branded stuff i remember thinking wow this kid is going to be good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has his bike racked close to the one of Pedro Gomes, and that is all. :-o
Quote Reply
Re: Mendez Cruz First Ironman? Texas I predict win! [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree, Mauricio, or Mau as he is commonly known in Latin America is one of the most talented triathletes and with most potential on the circuit. He beat a top field last year in Philippines 70.3 as well as winning numerous other 70.3 races and winning Xterra Worlds in Maui 2 years ago. I was surprised to see him on the start list of IM Texas as I wasn't aware he was going to do a 140.6 race.

I would have thought he would have waited a bit to go long as he is quite young, but should no doubt be an interesting race tomorrow. Don't think we will see the W for him with such a deep and experienced field, however could definitely see him be in the mix for a top 10 for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Mendez Cruz First Ironman? Texas I predict win! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
He has his bike racked close to the one of Pedro Gomes, and that is all. :-o

I just found this that you wrote and the follow-up on his conviction... Nutty. Also his fans in the comments of the conviction article were also off their rockers.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...riendships_4152.html

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Mendez Cruz First Ironman? Texas I predict win! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That article is unreal.
Quote Reply
Re: Mendez Cruz First Ironman? Texas I predict win! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgot about that article, crazy

I’m excited to see how Mendez does. He’s had a number of solid 70.3’s in addition to his Xterra success. Just 23 years old, if he doesn’t burn out or wear out he could have a really great career in front of him. TRS podcast (rip) interviewed him in episode 104 about a year and a half ago

Matt
Quote Reply