Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IRONMAN 70.3 HAWAI`I tips [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm lucky and right behind you but totally agree. I'll be swimming over a ton of people in the first group. And this hurts the slower swimmers just as much as the fast.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN 70.3 HAWAI`I tips [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there anyone who biked fast that would be willing to share metrics? Or anyone who could confirm my suspicion? I forgot to calibrate my power meter the whole week being down at the race and I suspect my power was off. Below are my metrics, I am suspecting a low reading because BBS race analyzer is telling me I had a CdA of .2018 which is way off than anything it gave me before (usually .23-245 range) and I'm pretty sure is close to world-class CdA, which if you saw my turtling head you would know is not possible...

Power meter: Stages single left crank (perhaps the problem right off the bat?)
NP=232 / Avg=222
Weight=77kg
Time: 2:23:40
Distance 89.6km

Last time I did this race, I had an NP of 203 with a time of 2:42 and change with a different helmet and wheelset. I guess I am having a hard time believing that 30 watts makes that much of a difference.

808 > NYC > PDX
2019: 70.3 Canada, 70.3 WC, IMLou
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't consider it fast but here are my metrics. I imagine my CdA is not the best so might be possible your numbers are correct. Also I got a bit long on the distance which messes the numbers up a little.

Power Meter: Garmin Vector 3
NP: 230
AVG: 221
Weight: 72.5kg
Time: 2:30
Distance: 91.6km
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN 70.3 HAWAI`I tips [Blizzard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blizzard wrote:
I wouldn't consider it fast but here are my metrics. I imagine my CdA is not the best so might be possible your numbers are correct. Also I got a bit long on the distance which messes the numbers up a little.

Power Meter: Garmin Vector 3
NP: 230
AVG: 221
Weight: 72.5kg
Time: 2:30
Distance: 91.6km

Thanks! pretty similar stats to mine, save my extra beer weight but given that, I have to think I am low by a bit. Granted it is n=1 but it certainly felt harder than 232

808 > NYC > PDX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think I had the 3rd fastest bike split overall: 2:16.45
PM: stages left side.
6’ft 2inchs 182 pounds
NP:268W.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN 70.3 HAWAI`I tips [BrianMancini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianMancini wrote:
Think I had the 3rd fastest bike split overall: 2:16.45
PM: stages left side.
6’ft 2inchs 182 pounds
NP:268W.

Smokin! congrats on the AG win. Interesting as you seem to have a similar position to me (same bike too!). Sure there are many differences of course but it does make me lean back towards trusting my power reading.

808 > NYC > PDX
Quote Reply

Prev Next