Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Condom Use or Not -- Is it Rape?
Quote | Reply
so the guy in this case is a violent scumbag and deserves the full force of the law, but . . .

if a man removes a condom during sex (or never puts one on, despite assurances to a partner) is it rape, clearcut?

I'm inclining toward yes -- but wonder if the law itself is clear on this.
Quote Reply
Re: Condom Use or Not -- Is it Rape? [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't say in the US, but in Canada it would be. Here the law defines "sexual assault" which is all encompassing. I've never understood why there is a separate charge for rape, since you're unnecessarily broadcasting what exactly happened to the victim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Lee Hogben, 35, ignored his female victim’s repeated pleas to stop during the session in a Bournemouth hotel room.
Condom, no condom...that’s rape.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Condom Use or Not -- Is it Rape? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
Lee Hogben, 35, ignored his female victim’s repeated pleas to stop during the session in a Bournemouth hotel room.

Exactly.

I would also add that if a person says they will have sex with you, but only if you're wearing a condom,and then you trick them by not putting it on or by taking it off, then by definition they have not consented to sex with you. Nonconsensual sex is rape.

It may not be as horrific a rape as violently dragging a stranger into the bushes and beating the shit out of them, but is still rape.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Condom Use or Not -- Is it Rape? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Exactly.

I would also add that if a person says they will have sex with you, but only if you're wearing a condom,and then you trick them by not putting it on or by taking it off, then by definition they have not consented to sex with you. Nonconsensual sex is rape.

It may not be as horrific a rape as violently dragging a stranger into the bushes and beating the shit out of them, but is still rape.

That’s called “stealthing”.

FWIW I’ve never used a condom in my life. I’ve had many chicks ask me to wear one and I just refused and turned down the sex.

All but one girl decided to have sex anyway.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If a man tells a girl that he'll only have sex with her if she is on birth control or has a diaphragm, but she lies, is that rape?
Quote Reply
Re: Condom Use or Not -- Is it Rape? [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
If a man tells a girl that he'll only have sex with her if she is on birth control or has a diaphragm, but she lies, is that rape?

Of course, the terms have been clearly laid out above, if an agreement on the conditions for which you consent to sex are not followed, it is a sexual assault.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:

Probably no because the reason for condoms when you're having sex with a stranger is not usually to protect against pregnancies; it's to protect against disease.

If you're looking to put the shoe on the other foot then it would be the same as if a man said he would only have sex with the woman if he gets to wear a condom and then she woman slipped it off of him, or pretended to put it on him before having sex.

I think I may need to put some more thought into my 1st answer. I can be convinced either way, But I think I need to consider it more

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Last edited by: veganerd: Apr 25, 19 5:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
so the guy in this case is a violent scumbag and deserves the full force of the law, but . . .

if a man removes a condom during sex (or never puts one on, despite assurances to a partner) is it rape, clearcut?

In Sweden it is. https://www.vox.com/...-rape-sweden-embassy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if removing a condom constitutes rape, but it's a horrible thing to do. Regardless, when she realized the condom was removed she repeatedly told him to stop and he did not. At that point the sex was no longer consensual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:

I'm pretty sure that would be statutory rape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:

No.

Reason?

Short answer...men and women are different so different rules apply.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is bad and should be illegal, but I would caution against lumping all sexual assault together,

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Condom Use or Not -- Is it Rape? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I don't know if removing a condom constitutes rape, but it's a horrible thing to do. Regardless, when she realized the condom was removed she repeatedly told him to stop and he did not. At that point the sex was no longer consensual.

This is where I am on this one. He didn't stop when asked, rape.

Now, the people playing the "trick" thing.........
I think people place WAY too much trust in a rubber sheath. If you don't want pregnancy or STD's, don't do it. Also, whose sexual senses are SO weak they can't feel the difference from someone wearing one or not. Come the freak on.

Condoms break. Say the girl is on top and keeps going for a few seconds. You've now either got the STD or you came and she's pregnant.

Also, it really seems like the abundance of risk is placed on the dude. How many times we hear about a girl who is on the pill stopping taking it around the times they do it with a dude.

True story.........
I was married once late in college. That ex wanted kids then and I didn't. I told her it was moronic to have kids in college with no money and just part time work. One time, it had to be on purpose, she's on top and the thing slides off and she keeps going. Pretty sure she used her hand. Wound up being probably the primary nail in the coffin for divorce as we wound up getting the morning after pill for that incident and as soon as that went down the relationship was pretty much over.

I didn't have her charged with "horn-dogging" or whatever that term is. I chose to do it and assumed the risk.

By some people's assertions in here, I could had that ex charged in that instance. I just don't get that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

In the US, there is no definitive law on this topic. However, some jurisdictions have found this to be an assault under common-law criminal elements. An assault is an unwanted physical contact. There is no assault when you consent to the touching. However, it must be clear the type of touching to which the individual consented. For example, there have been cases where a gynecologist was charged with sexual assault when he removed his gloves prior to performing a pelvic exam. The patient had consented to having her genitalia touched, but, by a gloved hand. The patient did not consent to touching by an un-gloved hand so, that touching was assault. Same principle has been used in some jurisdictions when it come to stealthing. But, it is not consistent from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:

Depends on the jurisdiction but, in most jurisdiction, no. Many jurisdictions recognize "rape by deception," where the person is "tricked" into consent to sex. Arguably, this could fall into that category, but, there is no firmly established law in this area.

In a legal vacuum, it makes sense that it would be rape because consent was obtained through deception. But, in practice, it is hard to prosecute.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Condom Use or Not -- Is it Rape? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
It is bad and should be illegal, but I would caution against lumping all sexual assault together,
I completely agree.
Quote Reply
Re: Condom Use or Not -- Is it Rape? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

No.

Reason?

Short answer...men and women are different so different rules apply.

Yup, Women are yoked with more of the burdens of pregnancy than men.
Quote Reply
Re: Condom Use or Not -- Is it Rape? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Perseus wrote:

This is where I am on this one. He didn't stop when asked, rape.

Now, the people playing the "trick" thing.........
I think people place WAY too much trust in a rubber sheath. If you don't want pregnancy or STD's, don't do it. Also, whose sexual senses are SO weak they can't feel the difference from someone wearing one or not. Come the freak on.

Condoms break. Say the girl is on top and keeps going for a few seconds. You've now either got the STD or you came and she's pregnant.

Also, it really seems like the abundance of risk is placed on the dude. How many times we hear about a girl who is on the pill stopping taking it around the times they do it with a dude.

True story.........
I was married once late in college. That ex wanted kids then and I didn't. I told her it was moronic to have kids in college with no money and just part time work. One time, it had to be on purpose, she's on top and the thing slides off and she keeps going. Pretty sure she used her hand. Wound up being probably the primary nail in the coffin for divorce as we wound up getting the morning after pill for that incident and as soon as that went down the relationship was pretty much over.

I didn't have her charged with "horn-dogging" or whatever that term is. I chose to do it and assumed the risk.

By some people's assertions in here, I could had that ex charged in that instance. I just don't get that.

I think that’s the scenario that requires immediate anal insertion. The balance of power is then back in place. Lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

I'm not sure how to say this but our current contractual model of conducting sexual relations seems to leave something to be desired.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The real question isn't if it's Rape per se, but if it is, or should be, a criminal act.

Yes.

If the terms of consent to the interaction were such that it was only consensual if reasonably protected from STDs or pregnancy, and he deceived her and did not take those precautions as agreed, how is that not criminal behavior?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, that is rape.

Then, he robs the woman.

Then, he threatens to shoot the judge.

I am VERY glad that he is off the streets for 12 years!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply