Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Changing wheel cover to new wheel
Quote | Reply
I have a Wheelbuilder wheel cover on a Boyd Rouleur rim (28mm deep). I am thinking of getting a Flo 90 back wheel to match the front. Can I cut the wheel cover to fit the Flo wheel, or will I need a new cover?

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Re: Changing wheel cover to new wheel [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You almost certainly need a new cover as they are shaped specifically for each wheel. If you cut the old cover, they remaining pieces likely would sit too far apart from the rim surface to tape down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends. How good are you at arts and crafts vs how much disposable income you have?

Me? I'd sell the Boyd wheel with the cover and buy a new cover that fits the Flo 90.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sonofdad wrote:
I have a Wheelbuilder wheel cover on a Boyd Rouleur rim (28mm deep). I am thinking of getting a Flo 90 back wheel to match the front. Can I cut the wheel cover to fit the Flo wheel, or will I need a new cover?

I've done it with sketchy results. I cut one down and enlarged the center hole to accommodate a different hub. I then learned that spoke count matters and I had to cut all new mounting holes. I consider myself pretty handy but it never fit right after that and I ended up buying a new one anyway.

Save yourself the hassle and buy a new one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I scribed the Aerojacket, and cut it down. I think it worked OK. It isn't a perfectly flat disc surface, but seems fine. If I can figure out how to post a picture, I will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make a video to show the wobble.
Quote Reply
Re: Changing wheel cover to new wheel [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9QHjkxvAiV7RJAiJ6

It's a bit annoying to open, but the video is there. Click "slideshow" if you want to open it.
There is a bit of a bump over the inflator cut out, but that is as good as it is going to get.
Quote Reply