Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: School me on "fun" bikes? (non road or tri) Pics? [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishOutofWater wrote:
After spending all winter commuting on a clunker with studded tires and a backpack that first outdoor ride on a proper road/ tt bike feels like riding a rocket ship. For me, the physiological aspect of commuting is good, but the confidence and bike handling was huge. I'm by no means Sagan now, but I feel so much more confident I think it's had a positive impact on my bike splits.

Maybe we need to forward this info on to Sagan. Sagan is no longer feeling like Sagan this Spring. Hopefully TdeCalifornia will be good to him.

Good to hear of the unexpected benefits of other bikes.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on "fun" bikes? (non road or tri) Pics? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
bufordt wrote:
IT wrote:
bufordt wrote:
Justicebeaver wrote:
do you mean something like a beach cruiser with a basket and a bell?

You mean like this?

Where's the bell?

It would be nice to have an adult size Stingray.

I don't have a bell or the rear reflector on my Inferno, but I did have this snazzy bike with a horn on it once.

What's your crank length there? hahaha

Who needs a kickstand when you can just use a pedal.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on "fun" bikes? (non road or tri) Pics? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think something maybe missed in the original post start is "fun" also meaning a bike you don't mind trashing up a little bit doing things you wouldn't normally do with a $5000 bike.

Ignoring the loss of skin in an incident, I would not use a $5000 TT bike to go chase hairy KOM's in town during VO2 workouts.

But, a $700 all-in beater TT bike? Sure.

Also, you really really like taking a $5000 road bike on a cafe, food, beer cruise and trying to lock that up? No, more fun taking some cheapo thing you can tie to a tree and looks like nobody wants to steal it.

Then you can have fun with your treat and not sweat looking around the corner every 5 seconds at your fancy race bike.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on "fun" bikes? (non road or tri) Pics? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I could ride home after a few beers on a TT bike. Hence the Stingray. Definitely want a bike no one will steal while eating/drinking. Hence the Stingray is off the table.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply

Prev Next