Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another Dispassionate Review of the Mueller Report [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

did you have an issue with USA trying to influence elections in Israel ?

It's one thing to do it openly, like allow your photo on billboards. Or to travel there at a time convenient to a candidate. Or even to openly promote a candidate. It would be another to run a clandestine CIA campaign producing propaganda designed to sow fear and pit political factions against each other. That's pretty much what the GRU attempted with the U.S. Yes, the U.S. has done things like that. But I wouldn't expect that we'd do that with a geopolitical ally like Israel. You do that to regimes considered hostile to your interests.

I guess the dems consider Netanyahu hostile to their interest then... since the Clinton days
Quote Reply
Re: Another Dispassionate Review of the Mueller Report [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't be too concerned if a Chinese troll farm creates a bunch of means and buys $100k of Facebook ads.

I don't think anyone would be concerned if China did that. The concern however, is what Russia did, at least according to Mueller.

Is Mueller a good guy or a bad guy now? It's hard to keep up.

Quote Reply
Re: Another Dispassionate Review of the Mueller Report [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I wouldn't be too concerned if a Chinese troll farm creates a bunch of means and buys $100k of Facebook ads.

I don't think anyone would be concerned if China did that. The concern however, is what Russia did, at least according to Mueller.

It is odd how much efernand wants to downplay Russia's actions. Why downplay this assault?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Dispassionate Review of the Mueller Report [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

It is odd how much efernand wants to downplay Russia's actions. Why downplay this assault?

Same reasons Trump plays them down.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Dispassionate Review of the Mueller Report [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:

I guess the dems consider Netanyahu hostile to their interest then... since the Clinton days

Netanyahu is absolutely hostile to the Democratic party. He is transparently a Trump supporter, and much has been written about how he's effectively dependent on Trump now. That's entirely different than being a hostile country, though.

And Trump is pro-Jong Un and anti-May. Go figure.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 24, 19 18:29
Quote Reply

Prev Next