Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which one of you new dads wrote this?
Quote | Reply
Which one of you is this?

Soon-to-be dad <full name removed> took to Meal Train, a meal-giving site, to get support from his neighbors. And while the original post has since been removed, one user tweeted screenshots of Burnsā€™ ridiculous requests on April 18.

ā€œAs the father-to-be, Iā€™m teetering on a fence of emotions,ā€ Burns wrote. ā€œOne of the things Iā€™m most afraid of is not getting a great deal of sleep and as a result not being in the best frame of mind to offer my wife the support she needs to recover from the child-birthing process.ā€
He then attached a lengthy list of 30-plus meals that he and his wife, Alex, would prefer. Some of the recipes included homemade granola; red lentil, chickpea, coconut soup; and roasted sweet potato wraps with caramelized onions and pesto. And on the days when he and Alex didnā€™t want to interact with anyone, neighbors could leave their donations in a cooler outside.
Burns went on to explain that his request was about more than just food. ā€œWeā€™re looking for a ā€˜check-in trainā€™ to have people check in on us to see if we need or want anything as we acclimate to the new routine,ā€ Burns said, noting that neighbors were more than welcome to come ā€œvacuum, wash some dishes, walk the dog.ā€

Story Here
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you new dads wrote this? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So basically he want someone else to do all his work for him. Life finally smacked this dude square in the face.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beyond the fact that this couple sounds ridiculous, why on earth do they think that looking after one baby will render them both unable to look after themselves?

I volunteer with a group that delivers meals to new mothers that donā€™t have a lot of friends or family in the city. It can be a very lonely time and the group is intended to give the new mothers some contact to the outside world. But no one has ever sent me a grocery list or asked me to clean their house.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not me. But this morning, I used enfamil neuro pro as creamer, and it tasted like shit.
So, that's my PSA for the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has to be a Duffy level troll job by the dad.

ā€œIf we could use some food but prefer no distractions, Iā€™ll put a big white cooler in our side yard,ā€ he writes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
caramelised onions.

GTFOH
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems a little much.

Having said that, with child number 1 we were told by many people: "if you need anything, let me know". And we didn't ask for help. And we, at times, felt overwhelmed. With child number 2 we made the decision to accept help when offered. No list of demands or anything but if a visitor said "do you need me to do anything?" we'd say, yeah if you could do the dishes that would be super helpful.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you new dads wrote this? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Not me. But this morning, I used enfamil neuro pro as creamer, and it tasted like shit.

Nice. Though I assume that you were at least together enough to mean to do that, and the result was suboptimal. When my son was about 2 months old I was so tired I accidentally put Icy-Hot on my toothbrush. That tasted like icy/hot shit.
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you new dads wrote this? [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
caramelised onions.

GTFOH

They are delicious and take time to prepare properly.

Should also include roasted garlic.
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you new dads wrote this? [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goosedog wrote:
kiki wrote:
caramelised onions.

GTFOH

They are delicious and take time to prepare properly.

Should also include roasted garlic.

one for the cooler:

Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you new dads wrote this? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
Francois wrote:

Nice. Though I assume that you were at least together enough to mean to do that, and the result was suboptimal. When my son was about 2 months old I was so tired I accidentally put Icy-Hot on my toothbrush. That tasted like icy/hot shit.

My PSA for the day is to pay attention to what goes in your mouth. The tube on the right is great tooth paste; the tube on the left, not so much.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you new dads wrote this? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Seems a little much.

Having said that, with child number 1 we were told by many people: "if you need anything, let me know". And we didn't ask for help. And we, at times, felt overwhelmed. With child number 2 we made the decision to accept help when offered. No list of demands or anything but if a visitor said "do you need me to do anything?" we'd say, yeah if you could do the dishes that would be super helpful.

"Seems a little much" is way understated. You did it the right way sir. This person/couple should think seriously about having one child only if this is their sad state of understanding of how the village is to help raise their child.
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you new dads wrote this? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
Francois wrote:

My dad put Desitin on his tooth brush instead of toothpaste. Still on occasion comes up in conversation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was the wife this bridezilla?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't me, but man, those first few months of Parenthood were anything but magical. We were lucky because really, we had secure housing, some family near by, close friends near by, wife had a year if paid leave, etc if we needed it. I felt pretty sheepish feeling down on myself because I hadn't slept in 3 days, when it seems like every other parent in the world somehow manages to get through it just fine under far worse circumstances.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you new dads wrote this? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
So basically he want someone else to do all his work for him. Life finally smacked this dude square in the face.

I am sure he's related to the fat guy bicycling around America...How's that trip going?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My parents would feel like they got ripped. They had 9 kids and no ā€œfriendsā€ helped them out.

Iā€™m outraged.
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you new dads wrote this? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
My PSA for the day is to pay attention to what goes in your mouth. The tube on the right is great tooth paste; the tube on the left, not so much.

I did this about 20 years ago. I was going bed when I remembered I hadn't brushed my teeth. My contacts were already out so I couldn't see well. I went to the bathroom and started to brush. I ran into the bedroom, foaming at mouth and screaming that "it burns!". When my girlfriend (now wife) went into the bathroom she found a uncapped tube of Deep Heat on the sink.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the silver lining is that they did eventually marry after all, and are starting a family. Who doesn't love a happy ending!

A bride canceled her wedding because her guests wouldn't pay her $1,500 to attend

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you new dads wrote this? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Looks like the silver lining is that they did eventually marry after all, and are starting a family. Who doesn't love a happy ending!

A bride canceled her wedding because her guests wouldn't pay her $1,500 to attend

I guess the stupid gene must run pretty deep in her family if 8 people rsvp'ed yes.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is amazing

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply