Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bisaddle [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

Let me know when it arrives and we can work through it.

Eric

Thanks! Hopefully will be here by early next week.
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [cielo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have three rides on my Bisaddle (it came on Wednesday; the EXT Stealth) and I'm starting to think I have to change my thinking about how I sit on my bike. I tinkered quite a bit on the first day so probably had about an hour of riding in a 3-4 hour period. When that was over I was pretty sure it was not going to work. The padding is more dense than I prefer and my sit bones were pretty sore. Plus, after going back and forth, the rear ended up being only a bit (like 3-4mm) wider than my present range of saddles.

The next day I just climbed on an rode for an 1:20 straight and started to realize a couple of things. First, climbing on and off the saddle may have accentuated how uncomfortable it was--padding wise. I don't know how others are, but sometimes after a lot of riding or a new saddle, it takes the first ten or 15 minutes of the ride for my posterior to feel more comfortable in the saddle. So, when you are tinkering, don't make a hasty judgment on the saddle comfort because the climbing on and off and stopping can accentuate the changes for the worse.

The second thing I noted was that, because it was unlike any saddle I had ever ridden, I started to change the way I sat on the bike. Before, I either sat far back on my sit bones, or I slid forward on the nose and rested on my pelvic bone to the left of my man-parts, allowing me to ride in the aero. It sort of created a lopsided way of riding but it was fine for all but really long rides. Now, with the large cutout, I sort of lean forward and my weight is distributed between my sit bones and the two sides of my pelvis. Basically, the leaning farther forward, hands on the drops, is the most comfortable position riding that saddle.
Bisaddle recommended a slightly nose-down angle, which I never like with other saddles, but which works with this saddle. You can do the 'hanging off the end of the saddle" a la the ISM as well, but the bike it is on right now is my road oriented, smooth-gravel, climbing bike and I have the saddle back as far as it will go.
If my main focus were tt'ing/tri I would push it as far forward as it would go and I'm pretty sure it would be way more comfortable than any tri saddle I have ever used, but I don't ride my tri bike much these days, so it will keep the ISM for now.
If there is an issue with the saddle, I suspect it will be this; if you put the front of the saddle far enough apart to be really comfortable to support you weight on your pelvic bones on both sides, the saddle rubs your thighs too much when you are sitting on the back. But, like I said, I suspect you may be able to ride this saddle differently than other saddles because of the extreme cutout in the middle.
Ok, that was long. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [cielo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine last month, too. Unfortunately haven't had too many opportunities to ride.

First go at it I put it on the trainer and I put the rear really wide and the front as narrow as possible, and within 10 seconds realized that wouldn't work. Took it back out to a regular position and rode it for about 10 minutes but didn't have any improvement.

2nd adjustment was to make the front around 60mm wide which was kind of okay. I was sitting very far forward, but it didn't quite seem wide enough, and I got a bit chafed in the crease between leg and the area resting on the saddle doing about 25 miles. Felt like I was rolling off the outside a bit.

3rd adjustment was to make the front around 70mm wide, which was also mostly okay. I did about 30 miles at a decent clip and held aero most of that time with only noticing one side chaffing in the last 15-20 minutes. I realized when I scooted back a bit off the two "prongs" it felt pretty good, minus the rubbing that came from the front being super wide.

So I've just made my 4th adjustment scooting the saddle forward as far as possible so my sitting position is more or less the same in relation to the bb, but now sitting much deeper in the cutout. I narrowed the front parts to around 50-55mm. Hope to try it out tomorrow.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with it and I feel like I'm inching closer to a near perfect fit. The adjustability is both awesome and a fairly tedious (though easy) task, but it will certainly be worth it once everything is dialed in.
Quote Reply

Prev Next