Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone notice the forum is posting sluggishly?
Quote | Reply
It seems the past couple of weeks it is really taking a long time for post to load or to change from reading one thread to another. Is some type of server being overwhelmed or a memory system near capacity? I know on other forums they periodically have to clean out old posts to improve system time. Anyone else having a problem?

David
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone notice the forum is posting sluggishly? [bikerdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, it's hellishly slow.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Last edited by: GBJ: Jan 28, 04 13:36
Quote Reply
yup! no idea why, and it's frustrating! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup! no idea why, and it's frustrating!

Pain is temporary. Pride is forever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've noticed the same but I highly doubt it is the size of the database. This forum isn't active or old enough. I looked on the Gossamer Forum website and couldn't find anything about performance problems, but they seems like a pretty professional operation.

From the way the isp trips over the power cord from time-to-time, my guess is that they don't have a great setup.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This forum almost always posts slow for me. And yes, I do have high speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is actually the first time in close to a week, I've even been able to get the Forum to open for me. Let alone sign-in and post. Must be my luck.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always find this board painfully slow. I can't believe they actually charge money for it when there are free and much better alternatives available.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone notice the forum is posting sluggishly? [Todd Scott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it's just getting slower, and slower over the past few weeks. I was going to post something about it but got too lazy. Dan, is there anything you can do about it? It's better in the mornings, and painful at night.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone notice the forum is posting sluggishly? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's got nothing to do with your connection. I've got a T1 and it's maddeningly slow as well. Try this though:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...=slow%20forum;#67254
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone notice the forum is posting sluggishly? [Todd Scott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to second Todd's comment. We pay big bucks for this site and get dog meat performance. I am certain I am all paid up, and yet I hit a link, go check another site, then come back when the link comes up.

Funny how the page pops right up after a long delay. never figured that one out.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone notice the forum is posting sluggishly? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this subject came up a week ago, and i answered then what i'll answer now. we're durrently on a dedicated 400mhz sun server, and moving to a pair of dedicated servers, a dual processor 2gig server to run the forum and a second to host the database. it's up right now on a mirror site, running very fast, and we've just got to finish the data dump and configs, permissions, yins and yangs, zigs and zags, and then we'll be speedy.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone notice the forum is posting sluggishly? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear Dan!

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply