Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Zwift course question
Quote | Reply
I recognize that zwift might have a forum, but I belong to this one and figure someone might know!

So...if you are doing the Tempus Fugit, (which is great if you want a 20km loop effort), there seems to be some hills you can’t get to in the route profile. Are these hills that exist already or a further update.

Unrelated: Your welcome to the person who drafted my TT bike during the return segment then sprinted at the end to take the jersey. I knew it was happening the whole time, but I didn’t have the power to drop him.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: New Zwift course question [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drm437 wrote:
Unrelated: Your welcome to the person who drafted my TT bike during the return segment then sprinted at the end to take the jersey. I knew it was happening the whole time, but I didn’t have the power to drop him.

There's already a thread for this.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: New Zwift course question [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
drm437 wrote:

The new route question? I did a search.

Edit: I missed the hyperlink.

The drafting thing I just thought was funny and I added it to make the post more colorful. I’m not fast enough to put down a time that lasts any real length of time.

Dan Mayberry
Last edited by: drm437: Apr 22, 19 9:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Tempus Fuego route goes through a neighboring island that we've never been able to access before, so nothing on there has ever been rideable. I'm not entirely sure which hills you are referring to, but I think you are talking about the couple of streets that are blocked off? If so, it's not clear if those will ever be added to the world, or just perpetually blocked off. It's possible Zwift could add new routes that branch off the new Fuego Flats, but it's unclear what that terrain or elevation would be, or whether they would ever do it. There are streets blocked off on Richmond and London that will most likely never be unblocked. Of course in the London and Richmond scenario, those are actual real world streets that they didn't want to include a route on, whereas on Watopia, they didn't need to add those blocked streets, so that would seem to indicate they intend to add more routes to the new Eastern Island, but that is just speculation on my part. However, ZwiftInsider seems to agree that it's likely they may add off those routes as well, particularly where the Redwoods are on the Western part of the new Island.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The last paragraph here, and the image of the map that it references, should give you a little info, but it doesn’t say when or exactly what

https://zwiftinsider.com/fuego-flats-release/
Quote Reply
Re: New Zwift course question [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
The Tempus Fuego route goes through a neighboring island that we've never been able to access before, so nothing on there has ever been rideable. I'm not entirely sure which hills you are referring to, but I think you are talking about the couple of streets that are blocked off? If so, it's not clear if those will ever be added to the world, or just perpetually blocked off. It's possible Zwift could add new routes that branch off the new Fuego Flats, but it's unclear what that terrain or elevation would be, or whether they would ever do it. There are streets blocked off on Richmond and London that will most likely never be unblocked. Of course in the London and Richmond scenario, those are actual real world streets that they didn't want to include a route on, whereas on Watopia, they didn't need to add those blocked streets, so that would seem to indicate they intend to add more routes to the new Eastern Island, but that is just speculation on my part. However, ZwiftInsider seems to agree that it's likely they may add off those routes as well, particularly where the Redwoods are on the Western part of the new Island.

If you ride hilly route, you get the grey profile in the corner, and you ride the whole profile from start banner to start.

In Tempus fugit you ride most of the route except what appears to be a two step climb. (Similar both directions). i was just wondering if the section of the profile map you don’t ride is a further expansion or a climb I can’t place.

The further expansion seems to be the answer I’m looking for.

Thanks!

Dan Mayberry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you get to the new desert? I generally use my Apple TV and yesterday I couldn't find it.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Zwift course question [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make sure you've updated your Zwift app. I had to update mine manually from the App Store before they would show up.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Re: New Zwift course question [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, make sure you've updated your app.

The new courses that feature the flat desert are Tempus Fugit and Tick Tock.

In addition, existing routes have been expanded to include the new route and they include:
Bigger Loop,
The Uber Pretzel
Out and Back again.
Quote Reply
Re: New Zwift course question [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
drm437 wrote:

I think this one is more appropriate.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: New Zwift course question [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
Yeah, make sure you've updated your app.

The new courses that feature the flat desert are Tempus Fugit and Tick Tock.

In addition, existing routes have been expanded to include the new route and they include:
Bigger Loop,
The Uber Pretzel
Out and Back again.

Thanks. Finally got it updated on my laptop since it never would come up on the Apple TV. At least now I can ride in the desert while watching GoT on the TV. (Yeah - I'm way behind the times and only on Season 2.)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply