Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Deboer wetsuits [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
My review is in the can, should be out soon..

Any chance anyone has posted a review?

They have the 3.0 out now

Used by the Norwegians

I REALLY wish they had a buy and try policy

I have spent more on wetsuits than I have my bike

So I am willing to spend the money for an improved suit

But I just can’t get to $1500 hoping it will be faster when ROKA and a few other companies encourage you to buy and try and will accept returns if necessary
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
monty wrote:
My review is in the can, should be out soon..

Any chance anyone has posted a review?

They have the 3.0 out now

Used by the Norwegians

I REALLY wish they had a buy and try policy

I have spent more on wetsuits than I have my bike

So I am willing to spend the money for an improved suit

But I just can’t get to $1500 hoping it will be faster when ROKA and a few other companies encourage you to buy and try and will accept returns if necessary

I think that review of Monty was never published. I really wonder why, as his own text suggested that he tested the suit, wrote the review and then went in silent mode on the wetsuits. Was it that bad, was the review being sent before publishing to Deboer and on their behalf not published?

I always found it strange that it was basically ready by his own words and then never published. That said, I once got one from the first models to test and the lower armpanel just teared of the suit when putting it on. And I know how to put on suits, I have literally put thousands of wetsuits with customers ;-).

Anyway, I don’t think a wetsuit of $1500 can be justified over the $ 550-900 range of wetsuits of other brands like B70, Sailfish, Zone3, Orca, Huub, etc. etc. Unless the found something that indeed makes their suit 2-3 secs per 100/m faster over other suits.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah that review was never published ,I was watching for it too.

I am by no means an expert on wetsuits, but have tried quite a few, including the doeber a few years ago. I was fitted to the suit by one of their reps. My impressions:
1. Very free movement. Only one piece suit I've ever tried that felt just as good in the shoulders than my DeSoto, maybe even better.
2. Even though the suit felt like a snug fit, there was a steady river of water entering the back of the neck and flowing down my back. Was very noticeable and I've talked to a couple of people that noticed the same.
3. Noticeably less float than my Desoto. I'm a sinker, and I can use all the float I can get. My DeSoto pretty much floats me in the water. With the doeber, I could feel myself sinking. Probably not an important point for stronger swimmers.

Because of #2 & #3, I passed on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daniel Clarke wrote:
gd28 wrote:
Can you point to any testing that has been done to compare Jan, Ben, and other's performance with other wetsuits on the market?

The short answer is no, we don't currently have any publicly available data that would be almost the equivalent of a bike companies white paper. I know the anecdotal feedback we get from athletes doesn't satisfy the Slowtwitch community, but as an example Ben swam his fastest 100y in the Fjord 1.0 since his high school swim team days.

If you're at an event where we're doing demos try it for yourself. We're going to be at VillaSport in the Woodlands on Thursday on the off chance you're in the area. We've rented a few lanes at their pool from 11am - 3pm and it's going to be free to any athlete to swim. We will have a few demo wetsuits there that you can try on, or if you just want to get in a pre-race swim without demo-ing a wetsuit you can do that too.

I have hear you will have suits to try at Daytona next month

Will you be there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Daniel Clarke wrote:
gd28 wrote:
Can you point to any testing that has been done to compare Jan, Ben, and other's performance with other wetsuits on the market?

The short answer is no, we don't currently have any publicly available data that would be almost the equivalent of a bike companies white paper. I know the anecdotal feedback we get from athletes doesn't satisfy the Slowtwitch community, but as an example Ben swam his fastest 100y in the Fjord 1.0 since his high school swim team days.

If you're at an event where we're doing demos try it for yourself. We're going to be at VillaSport in the Woodlands on Thursday on the off chance you're in the area. We've rented a few lanes at their pool from 11am - 3pm and it's going to be free to any athlete to swim. We will have a few demo wetsuits there that you can try on, or if you just want to get in a pre-race swim without demo-ing a wetsuit you can do that too.

I have hear you will have suits to try at Daytona next month

Will you be there?

I won’t. I left deboer to pursue an opportunity outside of triathlon at the end of 2022. deboer has run demos in Florida in the past so I could see them being there. Good luck in Daytona!
Quote Reply

Prev Next