Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 935
Quote | Reply
I am seriously considering getting the Garmin 935. I was just wondering if you think it is actually worth the $500 price tag and if you think that it is able to get you to become a more efficient triathlete and help with your training. It seems to have a lot of amazing features, i was just wondering if that stuff is actually practical or just fanch bells and whistles.

The Garmin Fenix 5 with the TRI heart rate strap is also onsale right now for $425. Would that be a better option? Was not sure if that is able to do everything the 935 is able to. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 945 will be coming out in the next few weeks and will include music and maps in addition to everything the 935 has. So if I were you I would wait to see if the 935 price drops (or opt for more options with the 945, but at $600)
Th 935/945 does not look as nice as the F5 for day to day - its has a much more plastic look to it - but the weight difference is significant (you can really feel the F5 on your wrist when running). If it's between these two I would go for the 935/945
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 945 is probably going to be announced any day now. So, the 935 may be discounted when that happens. So, I would wait a few days to see what plays out.

I have a 735XT and love it. I will be pre-ordering the 945 the moment it is announced.

I do not think the 935 does any magic to make you a more efficient triathlete. In general, these are essential tools for recording and measuring workouts and recording your races. So, at a minimum you want a device that can measure swims, bikes, and runs and has a multisport mode that will record whole races. There are not a bunch of watches in that category. Then, the distance you will race is the next major determinant: if you are planning to race full distances, then you need the 935 for its battery life. If you will be doing halfs or shorter, the 735XT is great.

The Fenix watches are heavier and bulkier than the 735XT and 935. Technically, they are the same. They look nicer for everyday wear, but I would choose a pure tri watch for its lighter weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 935 has some convenient features over the 920 in that you can have more data screens, wrist HR and some connect IQ apps.

Those are the three that are most important to me but it's not a deal killer over my 920 which is a solid backup watch.

With the 945 coming out I'd wait a week or so for a good deal on the 935 like others have suggested.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have been using a 935 as my daily-driver for the past year. I love how light weight it is. Looks a bit more plastic-y but wearing Garmins is all the rage now for desk-job folks. All good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I probably use 5% of the functionality of the 935, but with that said even at that usage I feel good about the purchase. Top things for me were long battery life and really good/custom databfields across disciplines, and of course the auto-uploading of workouts is a nice convenience; Stuff like the Vo2 estimator, optical HR, most of the widgets...not really important to me. It's easy, it works, if a new model is indeed coming out its likely worth waiting for the price move, but given you will have it for years and use it daily the pricetag isn't that bad imo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Selfish plug: I’ve got a new 935 listed in classifieds if you’re interested
Quote Reply